Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sharing Is Caring!

I am so very far behind on everything. I’ve been really sick over the past week and I’m having a hard time keeping up with my to-do list. Today is blog catch up day! I’m probably going to have three posts go live today. If you subscribe by email… I’m sorry! I’m not normally this wordy all at once.

I have some reader’s pages to share today. They were all made using the sketches and templates that I offer for free here on my blog. The first page is by Vija!

She is an awesomely talented scrapbooker. I love the lemon patterned paper. It goes perfectly with her lovely photo. The dimensional lemon embellishment is great too. I always tell her that I love traveling the world through her vacation pages! The sketch she used can be found here.

Vija

Next up is Vicky! She has such a lovely shabby chic style. I always admire her use of flowers. The border peeking out behind the curled paper on this page is fabulous. She used this sketch. It’s an older one but she did a wonderful job with it.

joy

Last but not least we have Nola! She made this adorable page with the Picnic kit from A-Manda Creations. I love the bright colors she used and the super sweet font she chose for her title work. She used the layered digital template available here.

nf-picnic-LO1

I hope you all enjoyed the inspiration. I know I did! They made me want to go back and reuse some of my older sketches all over again. Thank you very much ladies!

I have a few layouts from last week to share. I  haven’t been scrapbooking this week because I’m trying to avoid sneezing on my paper. Yuck! Don’t worry, I’ve scheduled an appointment to go get antibiotics soon. I was trying to tough it out but it didn’t work.

1: Life Is Incredibly Beautiful

29HeatherLandry_Life Is IncrediblyWEB

I made this page with a template I created a few weeks ago. I love the soft vintage feel of these Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends papers. They worked perfectly with the vintage photo action I used.

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket's Odds & Ends Paper Pack
Cosmo Cricket's Odds & Ends Candy Candy
AMP Daydream Action
Audrey Neal's Neutrals Paper Pack
Fonts: Vintage, DJB Brittany
Template By Me

2: Growing Like Weeds

I have had these photos and title in mind for a while now. Last week, I got the idea of cutting apart a piece of Basic Grey's Pyrus paper to get the look of weeds growing all across the page. I went a little wonky on the photos... I still can't get into having things crooked! I am trying though. I really am!

Can you believe this is how little the girls were 2 years ago? Sheesh.

I used my Scraptastic Club "Pyrus" kit to complete this page. I added a little burlap and some Stickles. I was inspired by an older page that Jana Eubank made. As usual... I went off on my own crazy tangent! LOL

3. The Chicken Tamer

I used the very last bits of my August Scraptastic Club kit and add on called "Summer Star" to make this page about Brandon's new occupation. He's a chicken tamer or chaser depending on how you look at it. Next thing you know he'll be boxing like Rocky... All he's gotta do is catch the chicken first!

I was totally inspired by a digital layout called "Freedom" by Joey Manwarren in the March/April 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes. Oh the 179 stickers... that has significance because it's my grandparent's street address!

Before I go, I wanted to share the new Scraptastic Club kits with you. The September kits are amazing! I got mine today and I love the amount of girly goodies in the A Walk In The Garden kit.

Capture

Isn’t it pretty?! I love the burlap triangles. I have big plans for those. I also purchased the add on. The Prima roses are gorgeous in real life.

Add On

The other kit for September is called Too Cool For School. It features awesome Fancy Pants papers and embellishments. My favorite thing in the kit has to be the tickets with the stars on them. How cool are those?!

Capture3

Unfortunately the add on has already sold out! That’s why I subscribe  to the member emails so I can have the first choice when the kits are released. You can still see the add on here.

Whew! That was the longest post ever… and I haven’t even posted the family update from last weekend. I’ll be back. My kids think they need to eat dinner. Imagine that!

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Vicky Alberto said...

I adore your sketches!

Mitralee said...

Feel better soon!! Thanks for the huge post of scrappy joy!

Just Jaime said...

We've missed ya! Hope you're feeling better!

Michelle said...

Don't you just love living vicariously through Vija's work?? All of her pages are completely gorgeous! I am sure it is so fun for you to see all the inspiration you have given others with your sketches. The pages you made are so fun too!!! Feel better!!

Paisley Petals said...

I absolutely ADORE your "chicken tamer" layout. Such a great design!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love all the layouts. sharing is caring...that is why the little darlings shared the germs they got at school. hee hee feel better soon.

hugs.

Izzyb said...

Terrific projects by your guests. Such talent. And I just LOVE your chicken tamer page. It is super cute. That pic is the best. What a great memory to capture. Hope you're feeling better.

Amanda Sevall said...

Hope you are feeling better Heather!! Love all the layouts, especially the Chicken Tamer - so cute! :)