Monday, September 19, 2011

So You Want To Be A Mommy?

The other day, my Mom asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grow up. They all unanimously agreed that they wanted to be “a Mommy”. Jordan told Mom that she needed an application form to fill out so she could qualify to be a Mommy. My awesome Mom made up an entire form for them to fill out and she emailed it to me. Brandon’s application was to be a doctor because Jordan cruelly dismissed his dreams of being a Mommy. She informed him that he “didn’t have the right equipment”. (Being a doctor was his second choice.)

The kids’ responses on the applications cracked me up. I scanned them and I’m going to post them here so you all can share in the fun!

I loved that Alexis wants to name her son Karlin. That’s really cute! I also loved that she said if the baby doesn’t listen you should “say behave or you get no dessert”. LOL Oh and when the baby is sick, you bring it to the doctor to get “descriptions”.

IMG_0001

Jordan said she can’t deal with poop because it’s disgusting and vomit smells like rotten garbage! (I’m with her there!) She also said that I will help her wash and fold the baby’s clothes. I love being volunteered for fun stuff like that. She also would only get a little mad if the baby poops everywhere.

IMG_0002

Brandon said that his official doctor name is “Dr. Bro”. He would feed sick people “mayonnaise, sausage, drinks, and a sandwich”. He also knows what to do if there’s a big owie. He said he would “put a band aid on it and have them write him a BIG check”. I think he’d make a great doctor!

IMG

I have to admit that even I don’t qualify to be a Mommy based on this application. In fact, the girls probably scored better on the application than I did. (I can’t deal with vomit very well. LOL)

Wood Grain Thank you

6 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Great answers! How cute!!

Sharon (Fritchey) said...

This is just about the cutest post ever, Heather! Thanks for the smiles this evening! And btw, I don't think that I woudl qualify as a good mommy either based on this! LOL!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fabulous! Tell your mom to make a new form so that Brandon can see if he's well-prepared to be a Daddy. Then email me the blank form, because Trevor always says he wants to be a Daddy when he grows up! :)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

oh my! they are just too stinkin cute!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Cute!

Izzyb said...

Oh, boy, did I ever smile through this blog post. Precious! I love the form your mom made and that the kids handwrote the answers. I loved the simplicity of their thinking. It makes being a mom (or a doc) sound so easy! Well, maybe it should be easier. Note, that they didn't sound worried about anything!