Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stormy Weather

Stormy weather on a Saturday morning makes it really easy to sleep in and be a bum. A four year old who wants to “cuddle” AKA wiggle makes it hard. It was worth it though. I got about five minutes of quality snuggling time before he started wiggling.

It’s probably a good thing that I’m awake. I have a to-do list a mile and a half long today. I’m hoping to cram some scrapbooking in there somewhere. As long as we don’t lose power from Tropical Storm Lee. It’s hard to scrapbook in the dark! It’s forecast to go right over us. We’re on our third day of rain.

I did manage to get one scrapbook page done late last night when I was up coughing my head off. If you zoom in you can see the storm track and photos of the feeder bands. Yikes!

Heather Landry Week 35 WEB

Supplies:
The Boyfriend Candy Candy
The Boyfriend Paper Pack
DESIGN 365 - A Year of Rubons
Jessica Sprague Template+ 1.15
Larry Paper Pack
Fonts: Elsie and Typewriter
Other: I used a text path that Jessica Sprague gave as a freebie through Creating Keepsakes magazine a while back.

I’d better go get some more stuff done around here like washing clothes and dishes in case we lose power. I did go to the doctor yesterday and get my antibiotics like a good girl so I’m hoping this sinus infection clears up soon. (Yesterday would be good!) I’m not the most patient person in the world.

Wood Grain Thank you

13 comments:

Linda Jordan said...

Such a cute layout! I love how you added the text around it like a border. I also like how you added a small photo from various pages to remember what happened! I've always had the problem of only scrapping special occasions or events and then forgetting everyday life! Recently, I've started a few projects to take care of that :)

I hope everything goes good for you during the storm!! We just went through hurricane Irene and waiting for it to hit is just a pain!! [Luckily, nothing happened except heavy rain at my house]

Linda
http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

Cindy deRosier said...

Love the LO! What a fun way to scrap the week. Good luck with the storm.

Just Jaime said...

I love little kid snuggles! Great design, Love that phone!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the layout. good luck with the storm. hurry up and get better! hugs.

Patrice said...

Love the layout! My daughter was spending the weekend in New Orleans, but I scared her into going back to Baton Rouge so she wouldn't get stuck! Good luck!

Sand and Sunshine said...

What is it with munchkins? Why wont they hold still and just "rest" with us for an hour or so? LOL, right.

Sarah said...

Ah nothing beats a snuggle in stormy weather! Love your layout, especially your gem of an idea to add the storm track pictures!

Paisley Petals said...

This is a FANTASTIC layout! The design and picture choices are both so great!!

Sharon (Fritchey) said...

Heather, it's been so long since I have left comments at your blog - I am very sorry about being MIA! I love this page - the boyfriend line is one of my favs, and you used it perfectly here!!!!! You are doing a great job with this project! We are having rain, rain, and more rain today, making for a gloomy Labor Day!!!! Nice day to get stuff done in the house, though!

Sharon (Fritchey) said...

P.S. I love the new look of your blog!!!!!!!!!

Linda Jordan said...

Hey Heather,

I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a scrapbook related guest post over at my blog? If you are, please email me at icycoldwater@hotmail.com and we can work out the specifics!! Thanks :)

Linda
http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

[p.s. sorry if this posted twice, blogger was giving me error messages]

Amanda Sevall said...

Sinus infection? Yuck. I hate those! I hope you are feeling better now and that you didn't lose power over the weekend!! I LOVE that layout - one of my favorite pp sets to date! I have it in paper and in digi! LOL :)

Izzyb said...

You are the master of the everyday layout. I really admire your style - and dedication! - to this project. Love this layout and the way you journaled around the page. Wonderful, as always!