Thursday, September 1, 2011

Super quick Photo Update

Okay, I swear this is the last post I’ll make today! I just have a few photos to share and then I’m off to bed so I can wake up extra early for the girls’ doctor appointment. (Mine is after theirs. Joy!)

The other morning I woke up to the sound of neighing and galloping hooves. No, we didn’t move to the country. We didn’t put a horse in our back yard either. Jordan was riding her new best friend “Princess”. Princess used to belong to Ronnie’s cousin’s kids, but his wife was kind enough to pass her down to Jordan. Princess has been loved on constantly. Even at seven in the morning! I don’t mind. We’re actually sneaking in some therapy since balancing on Princess works Jordan’s core muscles. We’ll take what we can get right?

It’s no secret that I am a total bookworm. I started reading before I entered kindergarten and I haven’t stopped since. We even make a weekly trip to the library. Recently I picked up one of my favorite chapter books for Jordan. I remember reading “Little House In The Big Woods” when I was her age. (She’s 7 but she reads on a 4th grade level.) After I gave her the book, we curled up in Ronnie’s chair to get some cuddling and reading accomplished all at once.

Oh Miss Lexie… She fights so hard not to go to sleep. Even on her sleeping pill she’s frequently up until 11 pm or later. When she finally does fall asleep she sleeps hard! It makes me happy to see her peaceful and resting. Some mornings it’s hard for me to wake her up to get ready for school. I just stand there and look at how sweet she is.

This photo shows Lexie’s silly side! Normally she’s terrified of bugs, but for some reason she didn’t panic the other day when a praying mantis jumped on her head. Instead of freaking out, she told Ronnie to go get me so I could come take a picture. (Does that child know her Momma or what?!) We visited with the bug for a while and then we had her gently place him on the swing set. Jordan wanted to keep it. It’s not the clearest photo but it’s a definitely a keeper because of the story behind it.

Last but never least is Bubba. Here he is making the meanest face he can muster in his new Transformers pajamas. He kept yelling, “I am a robot!” “Look at my muscles!” “ARGH!” I’m guessing it’s a boy thing… (Ronnie picked out the jammies. I wanted the super cool Mater ones but I was outvoted.)

DSC07475

To all my friends in Louisiana... Batten down the hatches y’all! It’s going to be raining something fierce this weekend with that tropical storm. I hope everyone stays safe. I took this photo around 3pm when you could see a band of the storm coming through our neighborhood. We only got a drizzle today but we’re supposed to get 15 inches of rain in the next couple of days. Yikes! Here’s hoping the power stays on. It’s hard to scrapbook in the dark!

DSC05966

Wood Grain Thank you

7 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love all the photos. now i almost feel caught up. good luck with the dr. hugs.

Just Jaime said...

I love seeing your kids. Hope things are going better with Lexie. I love to read too. Stay safe this weekend!

Agnes said...

Love the photo of you and J. I want a big big chair like that :-)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Great post, love Princess doing double duty and Alexis so brave!

Paisley Petals said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! The photos are so neat, I love the one of you two in the big chair together :) If ya don't mind, I would like some of that rain...please?

Sharon (Fritchey) said...

Such sweet pics, Heather! I hope you are feeling better and that you did not get hit too hard by the tropical storm. My fav pic is the one of Jordan on "Princess!"

Amanda Sevall said...

Great pics as usual! Looks like you've been busy! Love reading too - I wish I had a chair like that to curl up in with my book!! :)