Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Layout Overload (In a GOOD Way!)

I have a TON of layouts to share tonight. First, I have an amazing page that Marlene did with one of my sketches. The way she colored the pumpkin border is awesome. They almost look like they are lit. I also love all of the distressing she did on this page. She used this sketch.

Herekitty4_1Marlene

Next, I’m sharing a gorgeous page by Chez. This is the first time I’m featuring her here on my blog! She does the MOST beautiful punch work and I always love how well she incorporates chipboard into her pages. Her grandson is too cute! This is the sketch she used.

always105_1Chez

I have another guest to feature and she’s a first time contributor. It’s my grandma!!! She doesn’t have a blog or a gallery, but she emails me her pages. She sent me a page the other day where she used this sketch. I laughed at the photos of my poor cousin wrangling goats! The colors she used are great too.

Travis, Goat Catcher_edited-1

Thank you ladies for the inspiration. It was a privilege to be able to feature the three of you on my blog! Before I go, I also have some pages of my own to share. I’ve slowly been working my way out of a scrappy rut.

1: Udderly False

I created this page for the Sept. Surprise Chippie challenge. This was my first month participating and we had to emboss the chipboard piece. Talk about an adventure! I colored my cow black and white with markers and then I embossed her with Utee. After the Utee dried, my black coloring looked kinda purple so I went over it with Black Diamond Stickles.

Journaling: Jordan and her friends got to milk a fake cow at the pumpkin patch. "It was really gross!" 10/2010

I was inspired by sketch #64 from the Sketch Savvy blog. I flipped it horizontally for my page.

2: Everyday Adventure

3Week37 EverydayAdventure Heather Landry WEB

Another page in my Project 365 for 2011! The template from In The Making Designs' was perfect for using a lot of photos at once and I loved that it had room for bunches of journaling.

Supplies:
It's a Start Templates Set 6
DESIGN 365 - A Year of Rubons
Needs+Wants: Stitchies Vol.1 {The Crayon Box Collection}
In The Making Designs' Get Happy Full Kit
Font: Century Gothic

3: Week 39

Week 39 (Sept 24, 2011 to Sept 30, 2011) WEB

The next week in my Project 365. This week started off okay but ended really sadly with having to put our dog to sleep. We are already missing her so much!

Supplies:
DESIGN 365 - A Year of Rubons
Cosmo Cricket Gluber Flowers
7 Days in May Template
Needs + Wants: Stitchies Vol.2 {Spring Garden Collection}
Victoria Gardens Element Pack #1
Victoria Gardens Element Pack #2
Victoria Gardens Alpha & Word Art
Victoria Gardens Paper Pack

Other supplies: Audrey Neal's Neutral Stock, Fonts are Lobster and Typewriter.

4: The Night Is Glowing

I scrapped last year's pumpkins with my new Scraptastic Club "Witching Hour" kit and add on. The pumpkin on the far left was carved like Brandon drew it. (Don't blame me! LOL)

My favorite part about this month's kit has to be the spiders! I doodled a spooky web, went over it with Stickles, and added the glittery spider sticker.

I was inspired by sketch 65 from Susan Stringfellow. Her sketches always inspire me but this one was especially fun!

5: Spooky Pookie

I also created this page of Brandon in his Mater Mechanic costume with my October Scraptastic Club kit and add on called "Witching Hour". I was inspired by a Becky Fleck PageMaps sketch but as usual I went off on a tangent and did my own thing.

I thought it would be neat to have the black background be crooked while I kept the rest of the page straight. I think it adds a bit of interest. Just trying something new! You should be able to read the journaling. Let me know if you can't.

I have gotten a few questions about whether or not there will be templates/sketches this month here on my blog. There definitely will be! I’ve been swamped with meetings with the kids’ schools but things are slowly settling down and I already have ideas. So.. they’re coming!

Wood Grain Thank you

2 comments:

April said...

Just fabulous! I love how everyone's used your sketches and your new pages are amazing, espcially the Project 365 ones. :)
- April

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE all the layouts, especially 'The Night is Glowing.' Absolutely gorgeous. Awesome that your grandma scraps and uses your sketches!