Monday, October 10, 2011

Pretty Spooky!

I’m officially joining the 21st century now. The best husband in the world bought me an iPhone this evening. Let the mailman stalking commence! I’m so excited to play with the Instagram app that everyone has been talking about. Mr. Brandon is thrilled to have a portable version of Angry Birds now too! When my Mom comes over to visit, he tackles her and begs for her iPhone. It’s pitiful! Now he’ll be begging me too, but don’t worry… I’ll share!

I have quite a few layouts to share today. I have been a very busy girl! I finished my entire Scraptastic Club kit this month. Even down to the teeny tiny scraps! The first page I have to share is design team work for Jessica Sprague.

1: The First Day Of School Ever

10Heather Landry 1st Day Of SchoolWEB

I had a lot of fun playing with different fonts on this page. I used CK Letterman and Pencil Pete fonts.

Supplies: 
Splendid Fiins Go Big Template #3
Samantha Walker's A to Z Borders And Labels
Samantha Walker's A to Z Graph Alpha
Samantha Walker's A to Z Patterned Papers
Samantha Walker's A to Z Solid Linen Papers
Samantha Walker's A to Z School Imagery Pack
Vintage Paper Textures

2: Pumpkin Killers

I created this page with my Scraptastic Club "Witching Hour" kit and add on. It was SO much fun to work with. I'm all about Halloween! I loved the extra goodie this month. The Tim Holtz distress ink is really easy to use. The only things I added to the kit were a tiny bit of stickles and some googly eyes from my stash. I also cut out several embellishments on my Cricut including the bats which are a die cut file from Echo Park's Apothecary collection. I had a lot of fun using a photo I took of the pumpkin guts as a design element.

Digital/Hybrid Supplies:

Halloween Circle Tags
Halloween Journaling Tags
Red River Paper

Journaling: Ruthless Ronnie + Crippling Katie took entirely too much delight in carving our pumpkins. They scraped the guts out with gusto! It was quite eerie to watch! 10/31/2010

3. Fright Night

I also created this page with my Scraptastic Club "Witching Hour" kit and add on. The only things I added to the kit on this layout were a tiny bit of Stickles and some black distress ink. I cut out several embellishments on my Cricut including the spider web and the fence.

Digital/Hybrid Supplies:

Halloween Circle Tags
Halloween Journaling Tags
Red River Paper

Journaling: You are not one of the scary things that go bump in the night. You are too cute to be very scary at all. My sweet little boy. Oct. 2010

4. Creating Mayhem + Mischief

This is the last page I made with my Scraptastic Club "Witching Hour" kit and add on. I used up all of the bits and pieces of paper that I had leftover with this page! The only things I added to the kit were a tiny bit of Stickles and some Dymo title work. I cut out the bat flourish on my Cricut. I also used the pearls in the kit to create a wonky string for my spooky banner.

Journaling: Don't let that sweet face fool you! Alexis' favorite part of Halloween is creating mischief and mayhem! She is lucky she's cute! 10/2010

Digital/Hybrid Supplies:

Red River Paper
Halloween Journaling Tags

P.S. I’m in the process of turning the last three pages into sketches and layered digital templates for you all to download. Stay tuned! I’m working on getting back into the swing of things.

Wood Grain Thank you

10 comments:

Mitralee said...

Oh what yummy scrappy goodness all tied up in one blog! And I am so happy for you getting a new phone! Sweet! Glad things are going well!

Just Jaime said...

I know I always say this, but I love your work! The last layout is my favorite! LOVE The design!

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE the layouts, especially Pumpkin Killers. Awesome!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Oh Heather, such amazing layouts. Love the designs and colors. I look forward to you making sketches of these layouts. Hope you have a wonderful week.~~Cherrie~~

Agnes said...

I've been an iPhone user since Day 1 -- I love Apple products. Hope it arrives today :-)

I can hardly believe it's almost Halloween, Heather!!!

luv2scrapinmt said...

Heather - love your work. You are so talented and love the hybrid stuff. Come over this weekend and teach me how - I'll make lunch! =) Karen

Heather Landry said...

Karen, If the MT in your name means Montana... I'm so there. LOL I've always wanted to go to Montana!

Heather Landry said...

Thanks Agnes! I hope it gets here today too. LOL

We already have a Halloween party to go to this weekend. Can you believe? Before we know it, it'll be Christmas. Yikes!

Moondust47 said...

How very fantabulous this post has been!! Glad to see you are on an "upswing". Hope the family is well!!! Great Lo's!

Sand and Sunshine said...

LOL, congrats on your new iphone.