Monday, November 28, 2011

Driving The Kids Crazy

*Note: If you’re looking for the Counterfeit Kit blog hop please scroll down or click here.

Thanksgiving was an adventure again this year. My kids took turns getting sick for the entire week before we were supposed to go down to my grandparents’ house. Everyone was well all day Wednesday so we got to go on Thursday morning. We drove for two hours to get to Port Sulphur, Louisiana. Most of my family was there and we did the usual redneck (FUN) stuff at our celebration.

My Maw Maw’s goats recently went through a population explosion. There were five babies born in the last month! Unfortunately, one of them passed away. The kids spent most of the day chasing the four remaining babies. They even caught a few with the help of the adults. I love this picture of my nephew trying to decide whether he wants to pet the baby goat or not.

Brandon didn’t have any second thoughts. He wanted to hold one and he was keeping me company in begging Ronnie to bring one home. Ronnie was not moved by our pleas and our backyard is still goatless. He’s a spoil sport!

My grandparents’ always let the kids name the goats. Alexis named this baby “Whinny”. My grandma was just happy that she didn’t have to go with Jordan’s suggested name for this baby: “Quetzalcoatlus”.

Jordan ended up naming her goat Tripp and Brandon named his Junior. Jordan and Tripp were posing together in the photo below but Tripp got away. Jordan said, “Hey Mom!” “Tripp is an escape goat.” That child cracks me up daily! I should mention that Tripp is her best friend’s last name. That was her inspiration.

My nephew warmed up to the goats rather quickly. In no time, he was hugging, petting, and even kissing the goats. (I know, Eww!) I snapped a photo right at kissing time and it looks a bit like he’s trying to eat the baby goat. Poor kid!

We did the required walk up the levee to see the river. I love photos like this when my three kids get along. Sigh. The sky was so blue that it almost looked fake. It was a beautiful day to be outside!

Jordan didn’t want to roll down the levee with Brandon and Alexis so I showed her some “touch me not” plants. I don’t know if that’s the official name but that’s what we always called them when we were little. They are little fern-like plants and when you brush your fingers over them they close. She spent quite a while touching and watching. Country entertainment at it’s finest!

Another big attraction at my grandparents’ house is the golf cart. The kids beg us to drive them around on the base of the levee so we pack on as many children as we can and off we go! This was only my second time driving. It made me a little nervous but I didn’t lose any kids. Yay me!

I always love going to Port Sulphur! I have so many happy memories there and I consider my grandparents’ house my first home.

As you can imagine, I haven’t been scrapbooking much with the traveling and preparations for the holidays in full swing. I plan to remedy that today because the kids are all back in school. I do have two digital pages and one reader’s page to share before I get to work.

1: Week 47

Week 47 (Nov 19, 2011 to Nov 25, 2011)WEB

Another layout for my Project Life... I thought using a traveling themed kit would be fun considering that we took a road trip this week.

Supplies: Scrap Orchard June 2011 Mega, and Project 365 Templates from Creativity By Crystal.

2: It Snowed

HL_ItSnowedWEB

Journaling: Frosty toes and snowy dimples were the order of the day when we got a freak snowstorm. What a chilly surprise for a Southern Louisiana family! Brrr...

Supplies:
Mitten Weather Elements
Mitten Weather Candy Candy
Mitten Weather Paper Pack
Crystal's {Merry & Bright} Papers
ShineTemplate
Fabric Covered Buttons Kit
DayBrushes Reloaded - Journaling Brushes
Framed-the miniatures
Brushes: Meldir Snowflake
Fonts: Marketing Script, Cafe Rojo, Century Gothic

READER’S PAGE: Marlene Murphy’sKenny

cousinken_1

Marlene created an absolutely fabulous page with sketch 6. I really adore the way she created the triangle accent border and the journaling on this page is so heartwarming. Be sure to click on the image to view it in Marlene’s gallery so you can see all of her other pages as well. Her attention to detail is amazing! Thank you for sharing your talent with us Marlene.

*If you create a page that was inspired by one of my sketches and you would like to have it featured on my blog you can email it to me at miraclesmommadesigns(at)hotmail(dot)com. Please note which sketch you used so I can link to it when I post your page.*

Wood Grain Thank you

6 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE reading our your redneck (FUN) holidays! Sounds like a great time!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love your projects...and you know I love your redneck holiday.

Veronica said...

I used to LOVE going to my grandparents house at Thanksgiving as well as Christmas, there!!!
My siblings as well as my cousins, used to just SIT ourselves under their orange trees and MUNCH down! LOL The levee was our FRIEND for we used to ride our bikes all the time!
Such wonderful childhood memories. Thanks for sharing. It really IS a small world isn't it? ;-)

Just Jaime said...

Love that photo of all 3 kids!

Mitralee said...

Oh red neck fun is the best kind! Got some of thy obtalk about myself! Love your adventures!

mustangkayla said...

What great photos! Looks like the kids had fun!