Friday, November 4, 2011

An Eventful Morning

Good morning everyone! I have a pile of things to do today but before I get started I wanted to come share a few things with you all.

guest button

I am guest blogging today at “My Passion Is…”. Linda asked me a month or so ago and I was thrilled to do it. I made burlap and denim flowers for a more masculine look on boy themed pages. Want to check out the tutorial? Click HERE. While you are there, please be sure to check our her fantastic art journal. She’s going to have me making my own in no time because I’m drooling over the gorgeous pages she’s turning out!

In other news, Miss Jordan had her very first choir performance last night. She was quite excited and nervous all at the same time. I am proud to say that she did a FABULOUS job! I took video of her singing and of course I’m sharing it. (She’s the one in the red shirt. She sat in her wheelchair because she was worn out from a busy day at school.)

They sang two other songs, and I taped them as well but rude people kept standing in front of me and they didn’t come out. I had to ask people to move several times. If you know me, you know I don’t usually speak up. I got so aggravated. Our school gym is TINY so you have to get there early and stand up near the wall to get a good spot to take photos or videos. I had been standing there for 20 minutes, and they just walked up and stood in front of me. Uh… yeah. I don’t think so!

After her performance, we stopped to get doughnuts for the after party to congratulate her on doing so well.

IMG_0108

We had to call my Mom right away to tell her how things went because she’s part of the reason Jordan joined choir. She wanted to keep up the family tradition. My Mom was in choir when she was younger, and so was I. We both loved it! Jordan has seen videos of me singing, and even when she was in Kindergarten she wanted to be in choir too. It’s not available until second grade in our school and she has waited very (im)patiently for the year to get here.

I’m now planning to drive her all over creation until the end of time. She’s had a taste of fame, and she’s hooked!

Wood Grain Thank you

5 comments:

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

congrats to jordan! sorry about rude peeps.

Linda Jordan said...

Thank you for guest blogging for me!! Your layout is gorgeous & I will definitely have to try your flower technique :D

Linda
http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

Just Jaime said...

How adorable! I would have been frustrated with people standing in front of me too!

Patrice said...

Yay Jordan!

Mitralee said...

Lovely MANLY flowers! Love it!