Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Little Black Dress

If you’re looking for the Counterfeit Kit blog hop please scroll down or click here.

I had a great scrappy day yesterday! I got to spend some time creating with my Scraptastic Club December kit. I ended up creating four pages. They were all made with the "Little Black Dress" kit and add on. Jessica outdid herself with this kit. It's just lovely! Here are the pages that I created…

1: My 2 Boys

HeatherLandry_My2BoysWEB

Journaling: Ronnie + Brandon cuddling in the recliner.

I thought it would be fun to thread brads through the centers of the flowers in the lace.

My design on this page was inspired by Creative Scrappers Sketch #156.

2: Me & You

HeatherLandryMe&YouWEB

This photo is super special to me because Ronnie and I don't get to go out together often. It's a cruddy hold-the-camera-out-with-one-arm photo, but it says a lot about us so I treasure it!

Again, I used my Scraptastic Club December kit and add on called "Little Black Dress" to create this page. It's not my usual style but I had a blast challenging myself and thinking outside of my box.

Journaling: We celebrated our tenth anniversary at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, MS. -Jan. 2011

3. When It Rains

HeatherLandry_WhenItRainsWEB

Another page with my December Scraptastic Club kit and add on. Did I mention that I loved it to bits? I’m kinda sad that I only have scraps left now.

On this page, I thought it would be fun to scatter punched dots of paper to mimic drops of water on my design. I also used two colors of mist for the same reason. It's different but I like how it turned out!

I journaled all around the edges of the page. My kids have been fighting a lot lately so that's where the journaling came from. Can't we all just get along? Sheesh!

Journaling: When it rains and life gets you down remember that you can always rely on your family. Friends may come and go but your family will always be here for you. Treasure your siblings and try to get along because they're like built in best friends! July '10

4. The Best Day EVER

HeatherLandry_BestDayEver_WEB

This is my favorite page out of the four I made today. It was inspired by Liz Chidester's sketch #133. Of course, I used my Scraptastic Club kit and add on called "Little Black Dress". When I saw the sticker word art I thought of this photo immediately because it was what Alexis said after she was done washing Kody!

Journaling: Oct. '11 Alexis finally got her wish. She begged to give Kody a bath and today Erin let her. It was so sweet.

*This has been a BUSY blog week. Are you all sick of me yet?

Wood Grain Thank you

11 comments:

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous layouts!! I love the color scheme, that is a great kit :)

Linda
http://lasteve.blogspot.com

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE these! I didn't think I was a fan of black & white but you've made me change my mind. My favorite is "My 2 Boys." It's amazing.

Mitralee said...

WOW! You really rocked that kit! I love your pages. I think my favorite is the journaling around your page and then the horse one is AMAZING!

Mitralee said...

oh, and if you didn't take a couple photo, who would? I have similar ones. It's hard to get a good couple photo! Good job for using the photo of you two, it's hard to do a page of yourself, I think!

Moondust47 said...

WoW! These are so beautifully done it actually took me a minute to figure out if they were digital or paper. (Can you tell I scroll through the pics first?!)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely projects. can't believe how much you were able to get done.

Just Jaime said...

Great kit! Love the black and white photos, esp the one of you two!

Cindy Gay said...

Great layouts. Especially love the one of the father and son!

Agnes said...

I love the B&W photo of you and Ronnie... it's so mystical!

kimberly said...

congratulations on your Basic Grey feature!!!

mustangkayla said...

Such fantastic layouts! Love them all! So much eye candy! :-)