Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, but I managed just in the nick of time. I think it had a lot to do with being able to visit my family on Christmas Eve.

Every year we try to get a decent Christmas photo of my grandparents’ great grandkids and every year we fail! This year was a little better than most because the kids are getting older. At least several of the kids were looking in the general direction of the camera and no one tried to get up and run away. So we’re calling it a semi-success!

I also got a photo of me pretending like I like Ronnie. Just kidding… We’ll be married eleven years in January and I love him more now than I did when we got married.

The kids acted out the nativity scene again this year. I took this photo right before one of the shepherds wacked baby Jesus in the back with a flyswatter. We try really hard to teach the kids the meaning of Christmas and this year my niece read the nativity story out loud while they all “listened”.

My Mom was very happy with the Keurig coffee maker that Ronnie and I bought. She’s drooled over mine every time she visits, so I knew it would make the perfect Christmas present!

I got a new sewing machine and super comfy pajamas from my Mom, two scrapbook kits and a razor from my grandma, and enough money to buy a new cushy office chair from my mother in law. Ronnie’s impatient so I’ve had the gifts he bought me for over a month. He got me my Keurig and a new iPhone. (You all knew that already though!)

Jordan got the American Girl doll that she wanted. She was so impressed with the doll and her wheelchair. She even told my father-in-law that she got everything she wanted. He told her that he could take the presents he bought for her back to the store, and she told him that would be fine as long as she could keep her Molly doll. Isn’t that the cutest thing ever?!

Alexis got her boots and she just had to put them on right away. I love how fashionable she is these days! All she wanted for Christmas was clothes and boots. I think we’re beginning to hit the teen years because she recently asked when she could wear high heels. (Not for a while yet!)

Brandon was thrilled with his Cars 2 game and a new DS! He didn’t even ask for the DS. Just the game… He’s also in love with his new yellow SpongeBob watch. It’s just too bad that we can’t figure out how to set the thing! So he randomly tells me that it’s midnight when it’s only eight o’clock in the morning.

Ronnie’s parents got him a birthday cake because his birthday is this week. Unfortunately, it had almonds in it and we didn’t realize until AFTER Brandon started eating it. I’m starting to think that Bubs was allergic to the penicillin in the antibiotic he was taking instead of the almond extract in the Christmas cookies we made because he didn’t break out when he ate the cake. Because he had such a severe reaction last week, we now have to carry an epi pen everywhere he goes. He still has hives on his arms and it’s an entire week later. Poor little dude!

On the way home from my in-laws’ house Jordan just couldn’t take it anymore. She fell asleep with her head on Brandon’s shoulder and then slid down into his lap. He thought it was funny that she was sleeping on him and at one point I glanced in the back of the truck and saw that he’d put his arm around her. He’s such a sweet brother! Smushed in the middle of two girls and he’s still smiling.

I squeezed in some scrappy time over the past few days. I thought I’d share the pages I created before I head to bed! It’s been a long day filled with sick, snotty kids. They picked up some kind of cold when we visited with our families on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

1: You + Me = Love

26You MeHeatherLandryWEB

I found this older photo of my girls and it inspired me to journal about how they've come to love each other over the years.

Supplies:
Needs+Wants: Stitchies Vol.1 {The Crayon Box Collection}
Template Tuesday 48 by Lauren
baker's twine
Font: DJB Brittany
Echo Park Hybrid's Yours Truly Paper Pack One
Echo Park Hybrid's Yours Truly Paper Pack Two
Echo Park Hybrid's Yours Truly Element Pack Two
Echo Park Hybrid's Yours Truly Alphas And Cards Pack

2: Now Take Another Look

My cousin and I took my kids on a nature hike at a local state park. When Brandon was having a hard time seeing at the observation area, my cousin lifted him up higher. She rocks!!

I used my November Scraptastic Club kit and add on called "Autumn Splendor" to create this page. The only thing I added was a bit of Stickles and a strip of blue cardstock.

3: It Starts And Ends With Family

Another layout I made with my Scraptastic Club November kit and add on! The kit I used is called "Autumn Splendor" and it's gorgeous.

This page was inspired by Kimber McGray's "Colorful Personality" layout on page 92 in the January 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.

Journaling: Oct. 2010 Jordan got up early to help me make apple + cinnamon muffins for everyone. She's such a great little helper!

I promise the layout is straight IRL. For some reason the green strip looks a little slanted, but it's not!

***I hope you all have a very happy New Year! I’ll be back before you know it with a new sketch and free template.

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Mitra Pratt said...

Looks like a lovely time! Love the pages! I always enjoy your posts full of family fun!

mustangkayla said...

What a great recap of Christmas! It looks like everyone had a great time! LOVE the picture of the kiddos in the back seat! So cute! As always, fabulous layouts! I hope you have a wonderful New Years!

Just Jaime said...

What a great Christmas. I love hearing about your kids. Great pages, what a sweet photo of your two girls

Izzyb said...

Oh, you are. Reaming my heart with that first layout. So sweet . Great Christmas photos. I am not sure how the fly swatted fits into the manger scene but it made me smile.

Sand and Sunshine said...

What a great family picture. Hey any picture that doesn't have rolled eyes in it is a good picture.

Sounds like everyone had a great time, and I'm glad the almonds in the cake didn't send B into another reaction.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

sounds like a great Christmas. Love the photos and the new projects.

Rita Barakat said...

What a lovely post - I especially like the picture with the fly swatter!What a riot! happy New Year Heather!

S said...

It looks like a merry time was had by all. And you had time to scrap too, you lucky gal. I like your pages, that first one is especially adorable.