Friday, December 23, 2011

How Revealing!

I know, I said that I wouldn’t be back until after Christmas but I just couldn’t resist! Jessica posted the new peeks for the January Scraptastic Club kits and I just had to share them before things get crazy around here. (Is anyone else completely dreading assembling all of those new toys?)

The first kit is called Button Box and it’s adorable! I love the yellow and blue color combination. This kit feels really Springy and warm. Just what I needed in the middle of a dreary, cold Winter.

button box full 12.23.11

There’s also an amazing Button Box add on. I don’t know about you, but I’m really loving those wooden flags. They’re just so awesome!

button box add-on full 12.23.11

The second kit is called Snow What Fun and it makes me wish that I lived somewhere it snowed. It’s that cute! My favorite piece in this kit has to be the snowy title stickers.

snow what fun full 12.16.11

Of course, this kit has an amazing add on as well! Aren’t those chipboard accents so cute? Like I said, I totally wish I had a reason to scrap with this kit!

snow what fun add-on full 12.23.11

You can go to the Scraptastic Club blog or website for more information about ordering these kits. They go on sale on December 30th but you can get placed on the waiting list right now!

I also have a few layouts and projects to share before I go clean up around the house again.

1: Little Red Corvette

19Heather Landry_LittleRedCorvetteWEB

Ronnie FINALLY got to drive his Dad's Corvette. He said it was fun but since he is 6'4" tall he found it much too little. That got me thinking of the Prince song, and a layout was born. Ha!

Supplies:
Echo Park Hybrid's Times & Seasons Collection Paper Pack One
Echo Park Hybrid's Times & Seasons Collection Paper Pack Two
Echo Park Hybrid's Times & Seasons Collection Element Pack
Echo Park Hybrid's Times & Seasons Collection Alphas & Cards
Splendid Fiins Flea Market Brads
Fonts: CK Alayna, Fabulous 50's, and Hurry Up.

2: Louisiana Girl

HeatherLandryLouisiana GirlWEB

I took a screen shot of Google Maps and saved it at a higher resolution to make this page about living in Louisiana all my life.

Supplies:
Garden Variety Candy Candy
Sweet Heart Collection
You Are Here Full Kit
Evidence-arrow stamps v1
Modified Template from Template Tuesday by Antonia Krajicek

3: Christmas Banner

ChristmasBannerWEBHeatherLandry

I took Jessica Sprague's 2011 Holiday class and this is my finished box and banner. I decided to hang my banner on the Christmas tree when I was finished making it. I couldn't believe that it was 10 feet long when I was done creating. I loved the idea of putting photos of the kids from past Christmases on the banner. I finished just in the nick of time to display it for a few days this year!

Well that’s all for now, I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

Wood Grain Thank you

6 comments:

Veronica said...

WoW Heather! LOVE the idea about Google Maps! I so need to do that! Love the way it turned out!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE your Louisiana page! What a great idea to use the map and mark where you've lived. I absolutely love it. I may have to make my own California Girl layout. :)

Mitra Pratt said...

You did a terrific job on that corvette page! Love the black and white photo with the red car!

Izzyb said...

I love love love your projects, especially the Corvette page. Great kit too. OA. Eeee! Jessica does such a great job putting those together.

mustangkayla said...

Love the design and boldness of the Corvette layout! Your banner is fantastic and I love that you created a little box to store it in! LOVE the idea of putting it on a tree. I hope I can remember to do that next year. The kids would LOVE it!

Rita Barakat said...

Heather these projects are darling!! I love that you used the google map - so clever!! The corvette layout really pops and the banner looks super sweet too!