Thursday, December 15, 2011

THE LONGEST POST IN THE HISTORY OF EVER

We’ve been up to a lot lately so please be patient with this super-long photo filled post! I was really glad to be able to makeover the kids’ bathroom with SpongeBob stuff last week. They were tired of the “Winnie the Pooh BABY Scheme” and were ready to grow up a bit. My friend Lisa sent me money to buy them a Christmas present from her and I used the money to make their bathroom a happening place to hang out. It’s not unusual to find one of them in there looking around. Miss Alexis was particularly impressed!

After all of that decorating, we had to run out the door to bring Jordan to her choir performance at the PTA meeting. This is her photo before she went in to perform. She looks a little nervous!

This is a video I took of her singing. The choir at their school is really big this year and they had groups on the stage and on risers on the floor. Miss Jordan gets a front row spot due to her wheelchair.

Red & Green

She was all smiles while posing with her best friend after the program was over. They were dressed so nicely and they looked like little ladies!

I was back at the school next day to watch Jordan at her Terrific Kids’ ceremony. She was selected as December’s Terrific Kid for being a kind, helpful, friendly person in class. This is her fifth year getting the Terrific Kid award and I could wallpaper my house with the bumper stickers by now. LOL

Jordan had a field trip on Thursday and she spent it with her best friend. Those two are like peas in a pod! I am really grateful that she’s found such a close friend. I snapped this photo seconds before her friend accidentally knocked her over. Ooops!

At this point, I was starting to believe that I’d never get a break from school functions. Brandon had his first ever Christmas performance on Friday. I was worried that he would be too shy to sing but he did it! I guess his love of music overcame his shyness. He’s a little like his Momma after all. Hehe

This is a group photo of his class! He’s a full head taller than everyone else in his class. He looks like a giant next to some of the tinier kids. I also happen to think that he’s the cutest in the class, but I might be a teeny tiny bit biased there.

In other news, I’m sick and tired of the cold weather. I miss my sun and warmth. Is it Summer yet?!

IMG_0222

I am not sick of my iPhone though. I LOVE that thing. I also love cappuccino. Especially when it’s consumed at a surprise evening out with my husband and kiddos. Yum!

IMG_0223

I spent the day with my Mom on Saturday. We watched the newest Twilight movie and then went shopping at Kohl’s. We had a really great time together! I spent the remainder of the evening working on wrapping presents and shopping online. These kids are insanely rotten.

Alexis and I got up early on Sunday morning to volunteer at Horses For Heroes in Folsom. It was a Christmas Benefit Horse Show and we worked at the cashier table selling food, raffle tickets, and t-shirts. Doesn’t she make a pretty ambassador?!

DSC07241

She also got to pose for photos with Santa Claus and her horse Kody. Kody was a very naughty boy and he kept eating the hay bales instead of smiling at the camera. At one point, he even stepped on Santa’s foot. My sources say that Kody is getting coal for Christmas!

DSC07252

Ronnie texted me while I was at the horse show to tell me that Brandon’s eyes looked pink. Sure enough, by the time I got home he had full blown pink eye and he was miserable. I called the pediatrician’s office on Monday morning and they got us in around ten.

I wore my new shoes that I bought from Kohl’s on Saturday. I promptly slipped and fell and busted my knees on the concrete floor in front of God and everybody. I was mortified and my new shoes got all scratched up. When I fell, Brandon yelled at me and said, “Momma, I told you not to wear those shoes!” Umm… yeah. That was helpful.

IMG_0227

The doctor diagnosed him with pink eye and a sinus infection. He missed school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but he went back today. This is what he spent his “vacation” doing. That child is SERIOUSLY iPhone obsessed. He’s worse than I am and that’s saying something!

DSC08225

Wood Grain Thank you

10 comments:

Julie said...

yay for holiday fun!! is he an angry bird addict? we all play that and fruit ninja!

Mitra Pratt said...

I had to get up off the floor laughing about poor Santa. PLEASE I am begging you do a layout of that. I remember when my kids were itty bitty and I thought I spent every other minute at the school!!! And then the days at home sick! BOO HOO!!!

Laurie! said...

I'm sorry to hear about your shoes!! I almost feel like I just shouldn't buy any new shoes ever again because that ALWAYS happens to me whenever I wear a new pair. And it's never just a scuff mark that I can rub off. It's a full-blown gosh-darn material scrape off. :(

mustangkayla said...

:-0 What a crazy busy schedule with programs! The Santa and horse story made me giggle. Bummer about the youngest and the pink eye. My son is obsessed with my hubbies iPad too. He can spend hours and hours on it! I hope your knee is okay! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Alison said...

LOVING your shoes- scuff marks and all. Super duper cute! I'm looking forward to the Christmas program days when the twinlets start school...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!!

Sand and Sunshine said...

A sponge Bob Bathroom, look at you moving up! ;-) J's dress that she sang with her choir in is very pretty and she did a great job.

A foal for Kody Christmas that's really sweet.

Look out for that awful ice. TTFN

Just Jaime said...

I made it through the whole thing! Looks like you've been a busy lady. I loved the videos.

Izzyb said...

I love your pic-heavy post and your darling kids! They are growing up so fast and cuter than every!

Agnes said...

iphone, cappucino, yes, totally addictive :-)
merry christmas heather.

Patrice said...

Wow - what a busy week!