Monday, December 5, 2011

So This Is Christmas

I thought I’d share this photo of Jordan. It makes me laugh because she was “acting like a zebra”. I bought her an adorable zebra trench coat. I thought it would keep her warmer since it covered her thighs as well. She gets chilly really easily! I think she’s the most adorable zebra ever.

Brandon had a field trip on Friday. Imagine sixty screaming four year olds running in seventeen different directions and you have an inkling of what my day was like! I got some cute photos though. Brandon kept flinging leaves around and I just snapped away.

Brandon has one friend in particular that he talks about all of the time. Here he is waiting his turn to climb up the chain ladder after his friend. They are really fun to watch together!

The Christmas season is in full swing around here! After hippotherapy on Saturday, Jordan had a special needs party at the American Legion. One of our neighbors put the flyer in our door and we had a really great time. It was very sweet of him to invite us and we’re going to make him some Christmas cookies in return!

Later that evening, we went to see the Christmas lights at Koop Drive in Mandeville. It was a little chillier than the kids anticipated. They voted to leave their jackets in the car and then they froze their little butts off. Jordan is giving me her best “What you talkin’ ‘bout Willis?” look in this photo.

We got to see the Honeybees perform in a Christmas themed show and when they were finished they agreed to pose with my kiddos. Jordan and Lexie talked to them for about five minutes. Brandon is in the photo too but you can’t tell. One of the girls rubbed his head and said hello. He’s so shy that he hid after she talked to him. Poor little guy!

HoneyBee5x7Two

Visiting Santa is an annual tradition in our family. We take a big family photo! Thankfully, no one cried this year and I only look a little frazzled.

Koop Family Santa 2011

I have a few projects to share today. One from me, and one reader’s page. I haven’t been able to scrapbook much over the past week. The holiday season is in full swing and there is so much going on! I volunteered for a huge project to help Horses For Heroes and I still have a bunch of Christmas shopping to do as well. I need more hours in the day!

Winter Wishes Card (Echo Park Hybrid)

I just love the little snowmen in this paper line. I thought they would be perfect for creating a frosty Winter card. Credits here.

My good friend Lesley made this lovely page called “You & Me Together” based on my Sketch 7.

lesleyyouandmetogether_1

Isn’t it cute? She did the most amazing job with the diamond pattern in the background and that photo of her with her granddaughter is so sweet! Be sure to check out Lesley’s beautiful gallery.

Wood Grain Thank you

3 comments:

Mindy said...

love the family photo idea!! my kiddos never seem to make it to the front of that line. they always chicken out. it's a great way to waste an hour or so. ;)

Just Jaime said...

What a cute little zebra. I love all the Christmas activities/traditions

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

sounds like quite the busy week. love your new projects. oh....i played where's brandon in that one photo....think i found him. lol