Monday, January 23, 2012

Digi Dishing Diva

I’ve been busy lately but it’s a very happy kind of busy! I managed to create SIX digital projects in the last week. Yesterday I made three cards and one paper layout, and today I sewed two pair of pajama pants. I love being creative! It puts a smile on my face and lots of joy in my heart. I’m going to post the digital layouts on this post, and then later I’ll come back to post pajama photos and paper pages. Here goes…

1: Who I Am

Heather Landry Who I Am WEB

I really love Elle's My Dear paper line. It was perfect to scrap an important quote to remember in relation to my ten year old. I had the perfect photo too because I took her outside a few days ago and we had a really fun photo shoot. (I love it when that happens!)

Supplies:
My Dear Papers
Fabric Covered Buttons Kit
Fresh Blooms Digital Kit
Pretty Felt Feathers
Paper Garden

Other Supplies:
Word Art by Elegant Word Art
Template #10 by Heather Landry (Coming Soon!)

2: You & Me

HeatherLandryYou&MeWEB

I'm loving Photoshop Friday in 2012! This is my take on the "Adding Grunge to A Journaling Block" episode. I loved Jessica's design so I didn't change too much. I needed more journaling space so I used a bigger brush and I changed the color of the title.

Supplies:
Photoshop Friday 2012 Adding Grunge To A Journaling Block

3. Dream

HeatherLandryMyGoalIsToDreamWEB

This Digital Art Journaling page is based on the prompt Goals/Desires. I chose this quote because I really liked the part that said, "It isn't a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream." My goal is to dream big and work at achieving my goals and desires. If I don't succeed, that's okay. Basically, I'm giving myself permission to dream as big as I can imagine. Who knows what will happen?

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class

4: Best Friends

HeatherLandryBestFriendsWEB

This is my take on the friend prompt in Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling class. I have this amazing friend who always understands where I'm coming from and she's never judgmental. She is such a treasure to me, so I chose this quote to reflect our quirky (FUN!) friendship.

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class
Journal Your Art Out 1
Journal Your Art Out 2

5: Journey

HeatherLandryJourneyWEB

I've been working on incorporating bits of my handwriting and art work into the digital art journaling pages I've been doing in the Digital Art Journaling class. I painted the "journey" word art, and then scanned it in to use as a brush.

I seriously need more hours in the day because I am LOVING this class. I find myself dreaming of page ideas. LOL The woman standing on top of the world was in a dream about a journey. See? I'm art journaling in my sleep now!

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class
Hopeful Art Papers
Impressions Painting Brushes

6: Domestic Goddess

Domestic(Introspection)WEB

When I think about who I am on the inside, I'm much more than a housewife that does dishes, irons, vacuums, and takes care of the kids all day. Inside, I'm an artist and a creative person. I'd much prefer to be known as a domestic goddess!

I made the word art and some of the journaling on this page myself. I used watercolors for the swirled brushes, and art pastels to make the "domestic goddess" portion of the title. I'm thinking that I may journal on paper a bit too. I had to borrow my daughter's watercolors just so I could play and scan things in.

The household images were from The Graphic Fairy website. I converted them into brushes and stamped them on the background. Then I changed the mode to overlay and did a bit of blending with Nancie's watercolor brushes.

Supplies:

Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class
Journal Your Art Out 3
Journal Your Art Out 2

* I’ll be back soon with more layouts, an update on how this kids are doing in school, and pajama pant pictures. Also, you’ll want to stick around because there’s another free template coming soon!

Wood Grain Thank you

11 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I can't believe how much you've been finishing! Your projects are awesome- that class sounds so great.

Mitra Pratt said...

I pinned the Domestic Goddess and Friends one, since they really spoke to me! Love them all, but those two the most! You are doing great, keep it up!

Veronica said...

WoW! I'm gonna have to check into this class AFTER it's done. Really loving your work from it!!
I LOVE those digi layouts!! *green* :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love all your art journal pages! hugs.

Just Jaime said...

I love your digital work!

Cindy Gay said...

The layouts of the girls are great and you are the diva of art journaling. (None better!)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Great work, really amazing. Love the photo of Alexis.

Sharon said...

Heather, you are such an amazing digi artist! I really need to take a digi class and get into it! Your pages look so cool and beautiful. And I love your layout about Alexis so much!

Izzyb said...

You're so creative, Heather. Every project is so different and so fabulous. LOVE that first one, especially.

Agnes said...

Awww that picture of Jordan melts my heart :-)

Patrice said...

They're all great, but my favorite is the first one!