Monday, January 16, 2012

Digital Art Journaling Love

I have been on a serious digital scrapbooking jag lately! Between my creative team work and and the AMAZING Digital Art Journaling class I’m taking… I’ve been cranking pages out left and right. I made six digital pages last week and I would love to share them with you today!

1: Treasure

HeatherLandryTreasureWeb

I was at a loss on what to do with the prompt “Treasure” until I found this quote. Then it all came together. I planned the entire page around it and searched the web for brushes and images I could use. I don't normally use darker color schemes when I scrap, but I thought... why not step ALL of the way out of the box? LOL

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class
Sitting Pretty Accent Pack
The crown brush on the bottom was provided in Jessica's Digi in Deeper class.
Digi In Deeper

2: Confidence (I See…)

HeatherLandryConfidenceWEB

Journaling: She knew this year would be different because when she looked in the mirror she saw confidence.

Confidence is also my one little word for 2012. I thought it would be fun to tie it in to the Digital Art Journaling project too. Fonts: Bebas and Angelic War.

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class

3: Chaotic (Home)

ChaoticWEB

I should probably explain the journaling on this page a little bit. Many of you know that Alexis has a mental illness, and she's gone through a really rough time. This page was a bit of scrappy therapy for me because I've really been struggling with the fact that our home doesn't feel much like the sanctuary it's supposed to be sometimes. We are praying really hard that things get better for her and us as a family soon.

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class

4: Family

HeatherLandryFamilyWEB

Have I mentioned that I'm having a blast in this class? I love it! I'm putting so much thought and symbolism into the pages that they're taking a bit longer. Not that I mind a bit, I'm loving the end products. This was my take on the "family" prompt. I followed Jessica's techniques but did my own thing design-wise.

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class

5: Beautiful

HeatherLandryBeautifulWEB

The prompt for this page was "beautiful" and this is what I came up with. I've always loved the lyrics to the song "You Are Beautiful" from Christina Aguliera so I built the page around that theme.

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class

6: Valentine

HeatherLandryValentineWEB

Jordan puts a ton of thought into choosing Valentines for her friends every year. I decided to use the Photoshop Friday #2 template to scrap about how her love of writing them.

Supplies:
Photoshop Friday Filling Text With Paper1
XOXO Papers
XOXO Journaling Tag Pack
Be Mine Paper Pack
Cosmo Cricket Glubers
Homespun Stitches
EZ-PZ Template 01 (Overlay)

Other Supplies:
Three Paper Peonies' Warm Woolen Mittens Paper Pack

*That’s all for now. (Thank goodness right?!) I’ll be back tomorrow with a FREE digital template so don’t forget to stop by!

Wood Grain Thank you

6 comments:

Just Jaime said...

How adorable is Jordan! She looks like she's concentrating so hard!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love all your art journal pages. you are rockin' this class.

Veronica said...

YEARS ago, I started Jessica's FIRST digi class so I could learn PSE. I've taken all FOUR of her classes and FELL. IN. LOVE. WITH. DIGI! I am now KICKING MYSELF I didn't take this class!!!!!!! Partly because of time AND funds. I LOVE what you've done!!! Thanks for sharing and I hope you continue. If anything, to make me regret it more! LOL ;-)

Cindy deRosier said...

Wow- awesome work. I love the choice of CONFIDENCE for your OLW. Can't wait to hear what you do with it!

Cheryl McCain said...

Your pages are gorgeous!

Heather Landry said...

Thanks so much Cheryl!