Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I can’t believe it’s already 2012. What happened to 2011? Jeez. I am hoping that this year is peaceful because 2011 was really rough around here. I’m not going to go into detail and rehash everything but let’s just say I’m grateful for a fresh start!

We celebrated the New Year by taking the kids out for lunch. We called it Happy NOON Year since we knew they wouldn’t be up at midnight.

We also went shopping for new shoes! Ronnie and I bought obnoxious neon colored Adidas tennis shoes. I got matching neon colored socks as well because that’s how I roll! Now I just have to figure out where to wear them. The gym maybe?

I haven’t been able to scrapbook much lately but I did manage to finish my Project 365 from 2011. I’ll fit a lot more in this week when the kids go back to school!

1: Autumn Splendor Cards

I had a bunch of scraps left over from my Scraptastic Club Autumn Splendor kit and add on so I whipped up two cards using the same basic background. It was a quick and easy way to use scraps I'd have thrown away otherwise!

2: Week 50

Week 50 (Dec 10, 2011 to Dec 16, 2011)WEB

Another week in my Project 365 from 2011. Getting ready for Christmas and dealing with sick kiddos. Plus, a photo with Santa and a horse. You never know what you'll find when you spend a day in my life. LOL

Supplies:

12 Days of Christmas Full Collection
Evidence-Splendid Template 2
DESIGN 365 - A Year of Rubons
The font is "Typewriter".

3: Week 51

Week 51 (Dec 17, 2011 to Dec 23, 2011)WEB

Almost finished! This week includes photos from Lexie's 10th birthday and Brandon's fabulous run in with Fifth's Disease. (We thought it was an allergic reaction at the time.)

Supplies:

Template by Heather Landry (Yes, that's me!)
Winter Wonderland Full Collection
DESIGN 365 - A Year of Rubons
baker's twine
Fonts are Typewriter and Impact

4: Week 52

Week 52 (December 24, 2011 to December 31, 2011) WEB

I'm done. Whoo hoo! I finished the entire year without missing a single day. Phew! I'm taking a break in 2012. This project is a lot of work, but is so worth it in the end. Yay!

Supplies:

Creativity By Crystal's Artisan Label Templates No. 4
Carina Gardner's Design 365 A Year Of Rub Ons
Carina Gardner's Design 365 Masks v3
Bren Boone's Midnight Kiss Kit
Splendid Fiins' Go Big Template One
Font: Typewriter

Wood Grain Thank you

11 comments:

Mitra Pratt said...

OK this might be a long comment!!!

1: I think we may have the same office chair. I love mine, enjoy!

2: I love all the details you put into your weekly pages. They are super cool!

3: Kudos on your wild shoes!!!

4: Thanks for sharing all year round the good, the bad, everything!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Mitra

Agnes said...

Happy 2012 Heather :-)))
(looks like Lexie and I were born on the same day?)

Just Jaime said...

Congrats on finishing!! That is awesome!

Michelle said...

Not a single New Years photo was taken here. We didn't do anything to celebrate either. Is that terrible? My photo taking will most likely subside until spring. glad you had a great holiday.

mustangkayla said...

What a great idea to celebrate it at noon with the kiddos! Love your layouts! Happy New Year!

Cindy deRosier said...

No picture of your 'obnoxious' shoes? OK, I expect a layout featuring both of your feet in said shoes pronto! :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Now when are you going to scrap A's new shoes? That's something that you'll forever be able to bring up... LOL. Happy New Year.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

here i am....commenting! happy new years!!!!

Melissa said...

Best wishes for a better 2012! Happy crafting, love your layouts!!

Sharon (Fritchey) said...

Yay Heather! Congrats on finishing! And I want to see a photo of those shoes, too! I love your blog - it's just beautiful1!!

Patrice said...

You got a lot accomplished!