Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random Photo Shoot

I know I’ve mentioned that I’m taking a break from Project 365 this year. I didn’t anticipate that I would miss using my camera everyday. I’ve taken a lot fewer photos so far this year, and when I do take them I find myself reaching for my camera phone. This weekend I persuaded my kids to come pose for me so I could spend some quality time with my poor lonely camera. (Ummm… and the kids.) I put some of the better ones in a collage so I could share them. Gotta love those cheesy grins!

2012-01-08 Random Photo Shoot A, J, B

I have a ton of layouts to share today! I have been busy. The kids went back to school after Christmas vacation and I made up for all of the time that I missed. I truly don’t appreciate how relaxing scrapbooking is until I don’t get to do it for a few days.

1: Too Many Grandkids?

Heather Landry_Too Many Grandkids WEB

This layout makes me smile. I had a bunch of candid photos of my Mom trying to get a good photo with all of her grandkids, so I figured it would be a fun idea to scrap the process.

Supplies:
12 Days of Christmas Full Collection
It's a Start Templates Set 7
Yours Truly Alphas & Journaling Cards

2: Magic

HeatherLandryMagicWEB (1)

So did you hear that Photoshop Friday is back?! When I saw Jessica Sprague's layout for Photoshop Friday #1, I immediately thought of this photo of Alexis. Cosmo Cricket's Mr. Campy line was perfect to finish the woodsy theme.

Supplies:
Photoshop Friday Ep. 1 in 2012
12 Days of Christmas Full Collection
Needs+Wants: Stitchies Vol.1 {The Crayon Box Collection}
Mr. Campy Paper Pack
Mr. Campy Candy Candy
The fonts are Diesel and Century Gothic.

3: Homebody

ArtJournalHomebodyWEB

I was asked to create this page for a class that just started at Jessica Sprague’s website. It’s called Digital Art Journaling and I’m super excited to participate. I love the look of art journaling but I’m not a huge fan of the mess. This way, I get the best of both worlds!

Journaling: I tend to be a real homebody. I have to watch how much time I spend at home because my tendency is not to go out and try new things. I have to remember that I have to leave my nest if I want to fly.

4: Broken Heart

HeatherLandry_BrokenWEB

I also did this page for the Digital Art Journaling class. The first prompt was “heart”. When I thought of hearts, I thought of a really difficult time I went through and I decided to "break" my heart to mimic the emotions I felt then. I made sure to keep my page positive because while those times were tough, I'm stronger now than ever!

I also was able to do a paper layout! I played with the new “Button Box” kit and add on from Scraptastic Club. Unfortunately, it’s already sold out but she still has some “Snow What Fun” kits in stock. (Hurry if you’re interested, they’ll probably sell out soon too.)

5: Just Horsing Around

Everything came from the kit except the small blue gem in the center of the flower and the printable vintage number card that I printed from Elle's Studio. The tiny yellow Lily Bee letters are from a past kit.

I thought it would be neat to sew the buttons on a button card to mimic the way they look in stores. There are a lot of little details on this layout!

HeatherLandryJustHorsingAroundD2WEB

I loved the quote on the pencil sticker and those Studio Calico paper trims are awesome. Perfect for layering!

HeatherLandryJustHorsingAroundD1WEB

I also tucked a little blue gem into the center of the Primas that I got in the add on. I’m having a blast playing with this kit, and I’ll have more to share soon!

Tomorrow I’ll have a freebie available on my blog, so be sure to stop by. Hint: It’s NOT a template!

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Your art journaling is great! Love the pictures of the kids too. Good ones of all of them!

Izzyb said...

Great photo collage. Your kids are so cute. I love the way they interact with the camera! Great layouts too. I especially love the last one and the home body one. You always do great work!

Just Jaime said...

Love your details and design! The first is my favorite. Love the kiddo pictures!

Sharon said...

Heather! I love that photo shoot! The pictures of your kids are so great! And I really like each of your latest layouts and works of art! Awesome!!!!! I especially love the one of Alexis standing by the woods!!!!!!!! Your journaling and designs are fantastic, as always, my friend!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great layouts, and art pages...i refuse to read all that text. i am boycotting reading from now on. reading is stupid. roflmao

mustangkayla said...

Wow! You have been busy! Love the photos of the kiddos! Great layouts too! I especially like the first one with your mom and the grandkids!

Cindy deRosier said...

Great projects, as always! I love the picture you took of the kids. They are beautiful!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Amazing work, top notch pictures.