Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Couple Of Cards

I hope everyone had an amazing Valentine's Day! We had a really sweet time here at my house. To make the day even sweeter, I made several different cards for friends and family with my Scraptastic Club  Hearts A Flutter kit and add on. I thought it would be neat to share them as my project post today.

On this card, I fussy cut another doily and popped it up to give the card dimension. I used Maya Mist to spray the chipboard heart, and I stamped part of my sentiment in the lower left hand corner. The white crochet flower came from my stash.

I designed this entire card around the super cute tabbed embellishment. I covered one of the big chipboard hearts with paper and then inked the goodness out of it! Once the ink was dry, I tied it up with a cute little bow. This card went to my husband because the sentiment was just perfect for our relationship.

As you'll see on this card, I'm on a complete twine kick lately. I tied this heart with twine too, but before I finished the knot I added a little button to the center of it. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the swirls on the bottom of the card. I love that thing!

Feel free to lift any of my cards! They don't have to be Valentine cards. I find that making cards is a GREAT way to use leftover scraps from your kits.

Speaking of Scraptastic Club, the March reveals are up and Jessica did an AMAZING job on these kits. (She always does!!) The first kit is called Be Amazing and it has the most adorable butterflies ever in it!

be amazing kit full 2.23.12 (1)

This is the Be Amazing add on. I love the kites and the honeycomb and hexagon accents. The colors are so pretty!

be amazing add-on 2.13.12

This is the kit that I’ll be working with! It’s called Celebrate Life. It’s whimsical and totally fun. I’m going to use it to scrap several different birthday pages. I’ve already pulled photos that coordinate with the kit. The washi tape is to die for! Seriously.

celebrate life kit full 2.23.12

The Celebrate Life add on is awesome! I absolutely can’t wait to play with the Chalkboard mist. I can definitely see using it to color some of the flowers and I’m sure I’ll come up with more ideas.

celebrate life addon 2.23.12

The kits will be available for purchase on March 1, 2012 but you can sign up as a member and you’ll get the first choice of kits before they’re available to the general public!

Wood Grain Thank you

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! My favorite is the third card, with the black embossed base. Gorgeous!

Mitra Pratt said...

Love your cards! I need to finish January's kit and I think I will make cards with it!!!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so many super cute cards. you are rocking them lately.

Just Jaime said...

Love the second card! I have such a hard time with cards. I'll pin yours as inspiration!