Monday, February 13, 2012

Sketch/Template 11 with a .SVG Freebie!

I’m having another busy blog week because I'm already back to share another sketch. I also have a free template, a free .svg file, and some awesome example pages from a few friends to share. Let's get going! Please feel free to download the sketch to your computer by right clicking on the image and then clicking "Save As". This sketch was inspired by the hexagons that are popping up all over the internet. I'm hopping aboard the latest scrappy trend and you can too!

HL_Sketch_Template 11

The first example page is by my good friend Nancy. I love the photo of her with her husband and the quote she used as a title is just perfect! She used fabric hexagons and they turned out wonderfully. All in all, this page is super sweet!

happiness is

The next page is by Juliann Marchant. She's on the Scraptastic Club design team with me and she used the awesome "A Boy's Life" kit to create this layout. Juliann used a polka dot mask instead of hexagons and she did some wonderful stitching to draw the eye around her page. Her photo is so fun too!

jmarchant 4hlandryifs

Thank you for the example pages Juliann and Nancy! I always appreciate the creative help.

I created an example page as well. I used the Scraptastic Club Hearts A Flutter kit and add on. I cut the hexagons on my Cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot software and the free .svg file that I'll link below. I usually make a digital example as well but I ran out of time.

This is what the .svg file looks like. It's sized at 8.5x11 inches but it's easily resized. You can also use the negative space between the cuts as chicken wire if you cut some of the edges off. I love it when you can use one file for two different applications.

 

HL_HoneyComb

Here's the download link for the free hexagon .svg file. http://www.box.com/s/z49motgaiyboz1ph2sr3

This is the link for the free layered digital template. http://www.box.com/s/c84p1pmcciq625q4oy06

Wood Grain Thank you

33 comments:

Just Jaime said...

I love the shapes and the versatility!

Cindy deRosier said...

What a fun sketch! I love seeing the different interpretations.

Izzyb said...

Love your sketch, your layout and all the fun examples. I haven't done much with hexagons but I think it's a fun trend.

mustangkayla said...

What a fun sketch! Great takes on it too! Off to Pin it on Pinterest!

Paisley Petals said...

Awesome sketch! Can't wait to play with it :)

Paisley Petals said...

Awesome sketch! Can't wait to play with it :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

la, la, la, la...you know i loves it!

Trisha said...

Thanks for the svg share!

weaselwatchr said...

Love the templates! Just sa one linked on pinterest. Was wondering if there was a way to get the older ones. When I click on teh 4 shared linked it says a password is required. Thanks Again!

Danica

Heather Landry said...

Danica,

I've been using 4shared for years and only recently started having problems with them. I've been contacting customer service to see if they can solve the problem so I don't have to manually pull each file over to box.net. I have so many files that I just cringe at the idea. I'm hoping 4shared is able to work it out. I just tried one change, can you see if you can download now and come back to let me know?

Thanks,
Heather

jeanie g said...

Hi Heather my your work is awesome here, thank you for the lovely comment you left for me on Mitra's blog re my Liebster. xx

scrappymo! said...

These layouts are great...love the freebies too. Not sure what to do with them...do I save them to a file and then print with laser printer or any type of printer...
I'm new to these...

Sharon said...

Heather!!! I love this sketch and just made a page with it! YAy!!!! And I absolutely adore the pages you created! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!!

Linda Jordan said...

Love these layouts & the sketch! I would have to hand cut those hexagons, but if I get a chance to use your sketch I will definitely let you know...so gorgeous!!

Linda
http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

Nichole Koch said...

LOVE the Sketch!!! Looking forward to using it very soon, Thank you!

Mandi said...

Oh I may have to try this!! I love the idea!

Mayol said...

Hi, Heather! Thank you for your sketch, have made a layout using it! now am drawn to hexagons too :)

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

woah heather - how nice of you! i love honeycombs and a cameo is coming soon to my house!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Gorgeous cut file. Thank You!

bethpingry.com said...

Thanks for the svg file!! Love it!

Debbie said...

Great LO's for that awesome sketch!! Thank you for the hexagon file!! I was directed here from Pinterest! I'll be back!! :)

Tam said...

very nice pattern with the hexagons. TFS. Good work

Deb said...

Found this gorgeous sketch via Pinterest and created my version here http://www.deb-a.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/sisters.html

Thanks for the inspiration

Erin Morehouse said...

Thanks for this file! I intend on making a mask using plastic and my electronic cutter. Can't wait to use it!

Susan said...

Thanks for the svg file, Heather! I've been playing with my Cameo and have designed quite a few things, but I'm always happy when I find freebies!! Hugs! Susan

Beth F. said...

Thanks so much for the SVG! I was looking for one just like this :)

nancy keithley said...

Thank you bunches for the freebies!

Melissa D said...

Thanks so much for the SVG file freebie, I have been looking for chicken wire and this will work perfectly.

Chantal said...

thanks a lot for the svg file. It's very kind of you!

Deni(se) said...

Thanks for creating this and sharing it. Can't wait to try it out.

poohbear said...

Love it.
Thank you for sharing.
Marcia
mvanhoosan@gmail.com

KurtzCrafts said...

That is so cool, thank you!!!!

Cathy said...

Thank you for the hexagon cut file!