Sunday, February 19, 2012

You Make The World A Better Place To Be

Check out the new page I created! If you remember the hexagon layout I made a little while ago, you'll recognize the negative cut on this layout. I'm a big fan of using as many scraps as I can, so I thought it was really neat to be able to work it into the design of my page.

I have some detail shots to share as well. I loved the sentiment on the die cut and I knew right away that I wanted to use it as the title on my page. It was too perfect to pass up!

I matted the polka dot flower on a doily that I fussy cut out of one of the patterned paper pieces. I also added hexagon journaling spots to fill in some of the missing pieces of the negative diecut.

I used a few word strips and a tiny scrap of ribbon on the upper left side of my design to balance the page. A cute button tied with twine finished everything off!

*Please note: All of the supplies for this layout came from the Scraptastic Club Hearts A Flutter kit and add on.

Wood Grain Thank you

7 comments:

Nichole Koch said...

Beautiful Layout! I LOVE the colors!

Mitra Pratt said...

Love how you're using your scraps!!! I LOVE that kit btw. LOVE it!!

Just Jaime said...

Love that you used the negative in this! Great job!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely...love how you used the negative of your hexagon die cuts.

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout! The design, the photos, the color- I love it all. One of my favs of yours!!

Ursula Schneider said...

I absolutely love your use of the negative image of the hexagons! sooo cool!

A said...

I love it too. And the photos of Jordan... she's so into what she's doing :-)