Sunday, March 11, 2012

Birthday Surprise!

We’re having a really quiet weekend here. Ronnie’s watching NASCAR, the kids are playing video games, and I’m playing catch up on some design team assignments. I decided to take a break from scrapping so I could share a recent project with y’all.

It’s another birthday page! I have three kids and I rarely lack birthday photos to scrap. Sometimes it's really hard to get excited about scrapping another birthday layout, but the March Scraptastic Club Celebrate Life kit certainly inspired me this month. I designed this page to work around the super adorable chevron patterned pocket. I really wanted to use it behind a photo with just the top peeking out.

BirthdaySurpriseWEBHeatherLandry

Here's a closer view of the pocket. You can see that I used some of the chalkboard mist from the add on, and I used a bunch of layers to add interest. I also did some fussy cutting to tuck more details behind the photo, and I layered several stickers on top of the photo as well.

DSC08909

I also took a close up photo of the title work. I really loved the font on the red alphabet stickers. There's also a tiny bit of glimmer mist near the title. The "surprise" sentiment came from the big sticker element sheet.

DSC08911

I’m totally loving this kit! So far I've made two layouts, two cards, and an altered project. I probably have enough left over to make another page too. I guess I'd better get scrapping! Have a great night everybody.

Wood Grain Thank you

6 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice Heather. Love the sweet photos and color combo. The pocket is great!

Mitra Pratt said...

You know, I have some of those pockets, I should put a tag in one! I really liked seeing that on your page and how you used the mist!

Just Jaime said...

Love the b&w photos with this paper! Great design!

Michele F. said...

Heather.... this is fantastic! The red and blue pop out wonderfully with the black and the black and white photos! It is an eye catcher for sure!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute. great design, lovely photos...you did great with this kit.

A said...

Ah love the card Heather!! Great colors to go with the black, love it :-)