Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Little Scrapbooker Of Mine!

I have a new scrappy buddy! Here’s a hint: She’s teeny tiny and has lots of attitude… Give up?

I’m welcoming Jordan into my scrappy obsession! She asked for scrapbook supplies for her birthday so I ordered her a ton of stuff from Flamingo Scraps. (She has great taste. Everything must be pink, shabby, and girly as all get out!) I’m with her on everything except for the pink, so she comes by it honestly.

She made her first page this past weekend! As soon as she was finished with it, she demanded that I load her layout into a Scrapbook.com gallery so she could make friends and get comments. Her name over there is JojoMine7! This is her first page. She did an amazing job, right?

I also have a few pages to share! I’m still working my way through Jessica Sprague’s Art Journaling class. I’m really far behind but I’m not giving up!

1: Halcyon

HalcyonWEBHeatherLandry

I wanted to portray the calm, tranquil feeling I get when I go to the beach. Being near the water makes me feel happy, carefree, and calm!

*I've never seen whales at the beach I go to so that's a big piece of artistic license. I wish I could see whales there but not that close to the shore. LOL

Supplies:
Hands Across The Gulf Charity Collab Kit

2: Time

TimeWEB

The theme on this one is time, and I found a quote I liked to go with it. I thought adding the watch to the center of the butterfly would make it symbolic. Time really does seem to fly by around here.

Supplies:
Nanci Rowe Janitz's Certified Organic Brush Set 1
Nanci Rowe Janitz's Colorwash Brushes
Nanci Rowe Janitz's Mixed Media Backgrounds 1
Nanci Rowe Janitz's PDQ Volume 12 Romance
Pink Paislee's Framed: Postage Stamp Element Pack
Crystal Wilkerson's Nov. 2009 Eye Candy Elements
TaylorMade's Composure Kit
Liv.E Designs' Loopies Vol. 1 Brushes

3. Play All Day

5Play All Day_HeatherLandryWEB

The Varsity paper pack from Jenni Bowlin Studio was perfect for these photos of my Brandon playing at the park. I loved the blue, green, and cream color combination!

Supplies:
Varsity Collection
Printed Tickets Boy & Girl Icons
Soda Water Paper Collection
Kraft Capers Paper Pack
feedsack element pack 2

Other:
Cafe Rojo Font
Stencil It Alpha by Merkeley Designs

That’s it for now, but I’ll be back soon with photos and a report on Brandon’s first tee ball practice. (I have to edit the photos first!)

Wood Grain Thank you

9 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Jordan did so well! I love it! Great design.

I love the journaling pages!

Flamingo Scraps said...

Thanks for the shoutout Heather!!!! Will make sure Jordan's Bday present is FAB!!!!
Suzanne

Cindy deRosier said...

Great LO's! I LOVE the Play All Day one. Off to leave a comment for Jordan!!

mustangkayla said...

How fun! What a fantastic first page by Jordon!

Sharon said...

Awwwww Heather! You are soooooo lucky to have a scrapbook buddy with lots of attitude! and I can't tell you how much I love your art journal pages - so beautiful. the layout of your adorable son is wonderful, too - I don't want to work either - just play all day! LOL!!!!!

S said...

Your little scrapbooker did very well, indeed - a bright happy colorful eyecatching page - yay for her! I enjoyed the other layouts too (wink!).

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

jordan did great. on my way to leave her some sb.com love. your art journal pages are lovely as well.

Mitra Pratt said...

tell Jordan she rocked her page! love your new digital art pieces! the whale is my fav!

Nichole Koch said...

Wow, Jordan did an amazing job! She looks like a pro already!