Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Talented Readers

Brandon turned five last week and went out to iHop to celebrate. (Don’t blame me, that’s where he wanted to go.) He ordered Lorax pancakes with pink frosting on the top, but once he discovered they were pink he refused to eat them. “Boys don’t eat pink stuff.” Ronnie had to trade his regular pancakes for Brandon’s pink pancakes. I guess it’s okay for men to eat pink stuff.

When we got home, I gave him two tiny cupcakes. He and Jordan are having a party together later this month, but I couldn’t let the day go by without candles to blow out.

Since Brandon turned five, he’s eligible to participate in recreational sports in our district. We signed him up for tee ball and his first practice is tonight. I’m so excited to be a sports Mommy because I can’t wait to cheer him on from the stands. Yay! Don’t tell him, but I think it’s going to be adorable.

God appreciated Brandon’s birthday too, and he sent a double rainbow to celebrate! We’ve been having unseasonably warm weather here, but I’m totally not complaining. Bring on the sunshine!

Speaking of things that make me happy, I’ve recently received several readers’ pages that were created with my sketches. I love sharing readers’ pages so if you use one of my sketches, don’t forget to email me so I can share on my blog. 

1. Lesley made this adorable page about her grandson learning to ride a tricycle. I love all of the star embellishments she used. She always does an amazing job with her Cricut and this page is no exception. That little tricycle is perfect for her layout! You can visit Lesley’s blog here. She used sketch #12. 

henrybike_1

2. Mayol used sketch #2 to create this darling page. I love the way the little book on her page opens up to her journaling. You can see more details about this page on her blog. (Click the layout and it’ll take you directly to the site.) Her son is too cute and I think the numbers and letters on this page go really well with her school themed photos.

P1040268_crop_r

Melanie is on the Scraptastic Club design team with me. She was inspired by sketch #11 and she used the fabulous March “Be Amazing” kit and add on to create this page. I love the way she tilted the paper scraps on the top and bottom of the page. Her use of the hexagons is awesome, and the little butterflies rock!

Melanie Stanczyk

Thank you so much for letting me share your pages ladies. I’m really inspired by your take on my sketches and I know everyone else will be too!

Wood Grain Thank you

5 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Happy birthday Brandon! Funny about the pancakes!

Rita Barakat said...

LOL My kids love Ihop too! That pic is pricless! Great lo's girl - you make me want to give into the honeycomb trend! Very cute!

Mayol said...

Thank you so much for the feature, Heather! Am so tickled! :) ...Happy birthday to your Brandon! The double rainbows (my first time to see them) are such a blessing!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very cool pages! Boys don't eat pink stuff? No cotton candy, homemade strawberry ice cream, or bubble gum for him I guess! His loss- more for the rest of you!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

Happy Birthday, Brandon!