Saturday, March 24, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

I’m so very sure that you all will be sick and tired of seeing tee ball photos by the time the season is over. I don’t get tired of them though! This first set of photos is from practice last Tuesday. They have the kids practice batting into the fence. It took Brandon a little bit to realize that he was supposed to smack the ball as hard as he could. He would hit it and then run, but he was too polite to all out smack it!

The coaches are so good about working with the kids on skills. They don’t just let them out on the field and let chaos ensue. They take turns working with each kid on their technique. I think it’s really wonderful!

Now he’s getting it! See the fierce concentration and the MEAN look on his face. Smack that ball boy!! Hehe

Last Saturday morning was insane! Jordan had a horse show and Brandon had his first tee ball game on the same day at practically the same time. I was rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make it to everyone’s events.

We arrived at Jordan’s horse show early and had a few minutes to kill. I gave the girls my cell phone so they could play games. Alexis wasn’t really in to cheering Jordan on so she just played the iPhone to keep busy while she waited. Check out her purse and jewelry… Someone is growing up! Sigh.

It was a foggy, dreary day but we made the most out of it! Jordan did a wonderful job even though she wasn’t very sure of the routine. She had missed the previous week’s practice due to her bronchitis. She always looks like a little jockey when she rides. We are so proud of her!

I took a video of Jordan navigating the obstacle course toward the end of the show. I always get a giggle out of how she has to kick the horse to get her going. Kit Kat is so old that she doesn’t really want to go, and Jordan is so tiny that I can’t imagine Kit Kat cares much when she tries to get her to go.

Jordan placed second in both categories and her good friend placed first. Jordan told me that she wasn’t sad about placing second because she was so proud of her friend. Isn’t that sweet?

As soon as her ride was over, I picked Jordan up and grabbed Alexis and practically RAN them to the truck so we could head to Brandon’s game. Ronnie brought Brandon to the field early to get his uniform. Right after they got the uniforms, they posed for team pictures.

They also took individual photos of the kids for their baseball trading cards. Ronnie knows about my scrapbook tendencies so while the photographer was taking photos he did too! What a good husband, right?! (We’re ordering the professional photos too.)

Brandon loved his uniform. He is particularly proud of his hat. He informed me that his favorite color is blue so he’s really glad he didn’t get the orange uniforms the other team had. I love that he has an opinion about the uniforms. It’s too cute!

His first game went really well! He scored three points and followed directions really well when it was his turn to bat. Playing in the outfield when it was time to catch didn’t go as well. At one point he was spinning in circles while singing… I’m a terrible sports Mom because I thought it was cute and really funny!

Here’s a short video of him running from first to second base! You can hear me on the video saying RUN! He forgets to go when the next person bats. I get the biggest kick out of watching the kids play. It’s so adorable!

This is the audience! Jordan threw a holy tearing fit because she had to sit in the stands for two hours. It was hot and she was sore from riding in the horse show. Those two things equal one cranky Jordan. At least I didn’t have to take her home early. Alexis said that she really liked watching Brandon play.

We came home after the game and we ate a super quick lunch because we had to go pick up my new van! Meet Snowball. She’s a Toyota Sienna and I am in love. My old van kept breaking and having problems so we finally gave up and traded it in. It was seven years old, and the final straw was when the accelerator stuck while I was driving on the interstate.

My favorite thing about the van is that it has Bluetooth! I love not having to look for the phone if it rings. It’s much safer. After we picked up the van, we raced back home so we would be on time to drop off our old couch at a Habitat For Humanity house. When I say Saturday was busy, I mean it!

We took it easy on Sunday because we were all so worn out from Saturday. Ronnie cut the grass we messed it up once he was finished. I got the sprinkler out and put the kids in their bathing suits. I loved being able to sit out in the sun. I’m really excited about the warmer weather.

I’m NOT excited about the kids soaking me in freezing cold water from the sprinkler, but apparently they were. (As evidenced by Miss Jordan’s mischievous grin.)

This is the end of the longest blog post EVER! I have to go bake three cake layers for Jordan and Brandon’s party this Sunday. We had to schedule the party for Sunday because of his tee ball game on Saturday. I didn’t think many people would come because the party is on Sunday, so I invited a ton of people. Guess what? Nearly everyone RSVP’ed so the guest list is over 30 people! I’d better get cooking.

Wood Grain Thank you

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Wow... busy indeed! At least it is fun-busy, as opposed to chores. Good luck with the cake and the party!

Just Jaime said...

What a crazy Saturday!! I would have gone to bed early for sure.

Good luck with your party!

Laurie! said...

I love the tee ball story! I played tee ball for two years and the only thing I remember from it is standing out in the outfield, tracing designs in the dirt with my shoe and not paying any attention to where the ball was going. Brandon sounds like my kind of tee-baller. :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

busy, busy, busy! lots of great photos.