Monday, April 23, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

I’ve been trying to get back into scrapping by doing a challenge or two here and there. I found a great sketch that Holly did at The Sampler and I used it to participate in a challenge. I interpreted her sketch differently so I could use an 8x10 photo of my grandfather and Brandon.

1: Boys Will Be Boys

Boys Will Be Boys Heather Landry

We went out fishing on his house boat last Summer and each of the kids got a turn to drive. Brandon was really thrilled with getting to drive.

Supplies: Crate Paper Toy Box Paper, Ribbon, Chipboard, Stickers, and Buttons. Karen Foster’s Mechanic Collection Screw Brads.

2: The Great Outdoors

23TheGreatOutdoorsHeatherLandryWEB

I loved Jessica's Instagram themed layout for the past Photoshop Friday. I am always looking for ways to scrap the photos I take with my iPhone! This set of photos was taken after my run a few days ago. I walked back slowly and stopped when I saw good photo ops.

Supplies:
Echo Park Hybrid's Great Outdoors Mini Theme
Jessica Sprague's Photoshop Friday Turn A Corner With A Title
This & That Charming Full Collection
mixed bag tape strips
FRESH PICKED - Summer Borders

3. Enjoy Life

EnjoyLifeHeatherLandryWEB

We went on a field trip with Jordan this past week to the aquarium. (I’ll do a separate post on that later!) I got two photos that I really loved, so I decided to scrap them right away with the template from Jessica Sprague's Photoshop Friday episode from this week.

Supplies:
Photoshop Friday Spice Up Your Journaling
Nantucket Paper Pack
Nantucket Trading Cards
Kraft Capers Paper Pack
Printed Tickets Stars & Stats

***The next two pages are Reader’s Pages. They are both by Nicole Wise. She used my hexagon sketch to create this amazing page! I really love all of the different words she used to describe her son. Such a bright, colorful layout.

Colby Words

She also used Sketch 6 to create this darling page that features an adorable paper pieced kite. I really love the long loopy tail that she added to her kite. The photo are super cute too! Thank you for sending me your pages Nicole. I was really happy to feature them.

Flying High

Wood Grain Thank you

9 comments:

Just Jaime said...

The first one's my favorite! Love the big photo!

HeatherLynn said...

I love them all but I do love the look of the big photo in the first one! (too) It looks awesome! Love the colors/woodsy theme in the second one and that little hedgehog is so cute! Great job as always, Heather!

Sharon said...

WOW Heather! You have been a busy little scrapper!!!!! I love them all! The big photo in the first one is just wonderful, and you scrapped it beautifully! I love the "instagram" theme you used in your second one, and the photoshop Friday one is awesome! Re your readers layouts, I love the hexagons and the kite flying! All of the pages are very, very creative and cool!

Gine said...

Gorgeous pages

S said...

Great pages - I am pinning that third one - great way to scrap the page of journaling.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

stop scrappin, woman! and it is so nice of you to share your reader's pages.

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I especially love your Great Outdoors page.

Nicole said...

Thank you, Heather, for sharing my pages and for your kind words! Thank you for all of the inspiration!

Melissa said...

Love, Love, Love your "Boys Will be Boys" layout! Great take on the sketch!