My birthday was yesterday. I turned 32 years old! Ronnie took the day off and I went to the doctor because I haven’t been feeling well. I have an ear and sinus infection. Yay me! I couldn’t just go home and veg on my birthday so we decided to go bowling.
We had a really great time and it brought back memories. Ronnie and I used to go bowling before we had kids. It’s been a while. I didn’t do too badly. In fact, I even beat Ronnie in one game.
I fit right in with the older crowd that bowls on Tuesday mornings. When we finished bowling, we went out to lunch, and we went to the gym together.
Later that evening, the kids helped Ronnie make a fabulous cake that was iced with blue icing. It tasted blue! They were thrilled to add the sprinkles.
I've been working out at the gym lately, so I completely forgot to apply sunscreen before I went out to run today. So now I’m sniffly and burnt! We have a very cool rail to trail system in our town. All of the old train tracks have been converted into a running, biking trail. I've always been a little leery of running there, but I recently found out that the trace has several monitors to make sure that the runners are safe.
I decided to run my Couch to 5k session there today. I ran/walked the 30 minutes one way and it took me even longer to walk back. (I took my time and enjoyed the scenery.)
That takes care of goal #6 on my 32 in 32. "Go for a run on the Tammany Trace." I also walked across the street to pick up some fresh produce. I bought my first eggplant and I'm getting ready to cook it so I can knock off #29.
What is my 32 in 32? Oh well… I’m glad you asked! This year I plan to do 32 things in my 32nd year. They are all things that I’ve never done, or that I haven’t done in a long time. I was inspired by Cindy’s 40 in 40! Here’s my list…
1. Get published in a scrapbook magazine.
2. Accomplish 1,000 minutes of exercise in one month.
3. Try spaghetti squash.
4. Paint an accent wall in the living room.
5. Make homemade spaghetti sauce.
6. Go for a run on the Tammany Trace. 4-11-2012
7. Read a non-fiction book.
8. Build a raised garden for herbs/vegetables.
9. Set up and accomplish a family photo shoot.
10. Finish the entire couch to 5k program.
11. Attend a NASCAR race.
12. Try five new recipes from the Spark People cookbook.
13. Spend the day on the beach at Lake Pontchartrain.
14. Get my eyebrows waxed. (Don’t cry!)
15. Sew another American Girl doll outfit.
16. Try quilling.
17. Volunteer at the animal shelter.
18. Cook some couscous.
19. Take the kids to Fort Jackson.
20. Run/walk a 5k.
21. Lose another 20 pounds.
22. Spend an entire day without logging on to the internet.
23. Eat at one new restaurant.
24. Buy an outfit that includes pink as a prominent color. (AND wear it!)
25. Get a fishing license and a fishing pole.
26. Attend another build and grow clinic with the kids.
27. Visit a plantation home.
28. Go fishing alone and enjoy the peace.
29. Make a recipe that involves using eggplant.
30. Wear a pair of completely unreasonable heels out to dinner.
31. Take the kids to the zoo.
32. Join a bigger, better gym.
*Well… wish me luck. I’m definitely going to need it! I’ll be back soon with an update on the eggplant and some Easter photos.