Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Ideas

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of iBulb for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I love cut tulips. They're my absolute favorite flower. There's just something so awesome about watching them grow. I also love getting a variety so each new bloom is a surprise. Tulips are so dainty and pretty, and they're such a universal sign of Spring!

My kids love tulips too. They are really resilient and the stems are easy for them to hold. We've made several projects with cut tulips. Because Easter is coming up, I've been researching centerpiece ideas for our table. I'm planning to have the kids help me make this adorable bunny vase. 

tin can vase.JPG

We're going to dress it up a bit with some patterned paper around the silver part of the tin, but you could also paint it white before you adhere the eyes. It's a great way to reuse an old tin. I'm all about upcycling when I get the chance.

Another idea is to plant bulbs in different types of baskets. You could even use older Easter baskets if your kids get new ones each year. All you have to do is line the basket with plastic, fill it with soil, and plant your tulips. I would cover mine with mulch or moss of some sort so you don't see the dirt. Then when your flowers are done blooming, you can transplant the bulbs to your garden for even more lovely blooms next year. 

Visit Sponsor's Site

2 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

To cute. What a great face. I like how you left the can plain, nice look.

HeatherLynn said...

i'm trying to catch up on my blog reading list..i got behind! i decorated a coffee can today..how fun! yours turned out super cute, Heather!