Monday, April 9, 2012

If One More Person Gets Sick Around Here…

I’m going to lose my mind! We went to the pediatrician’s office twice last week. Brandon had a stomach virus and pneumonia at the same time. So every time he coughed he would throw up. It was decidedly NOT awesome.

Jordan fell asleep on Lexie’s lap while we waited in the waiting room. She slept like that for about thirty minutes. Everyone kept asking me if she was sick. I replied that she was just tired because she got up at five o’clock in the morning. She’s always been an early bird!

Little did I know… she was coming down with bronchitis courtesy of the same cold that Brandon had. She also had a severe urinary tract infection. I found all of that out when we went back to the pediatrician two days later.

We’ve been doing around the clock breathing treatments for both kids. The funny thing is that Brandon behaves while he gets his treatments, but Jordan doesn’t. She’s is “entirely too busy to sit for thirty minutes”.

IMG_0609

Alexis never did get sick. I swear, that child has an amazing immune system!

Jordan felt better in time to go to physical and occupational therapy. We had to wait for her for two hours, so Alexis took advantage of the down time to finish a pile of social studies homework.

IMG_0613

In between appointments, we’ve been doing a TON of gardening. We’ve planted cucumbers, beans, red peppers, bell peppers, strawberries, basil, cilantro, green onions, spinach, and lettuce. Yesterday, we went out to pick our first ripe strawberries. We were so bummed to see that something had already taken a bite out of one.

IMG_0614

We went out as a family on Friday to celebrate my 32nd birthday. The kids will be in school tomorrow on my actual birthday. They took me out to Olive Garden, and I had my favorite soup. Yummy! After we ate, we treated them to a trip to GameStop and they each got a new DS game.

We also got the kids’ hair cut on Friday. Alexis is really happy with her new ‘do. She’s rockin’ a little bob with bangs. I love her hair short! (Isn’t that little shirt the cutest thing too? She looks so pretty in yellow.)

Brandon got his hair cut as well. Doesn’t he look so grown up? His sunglasses are Transformers’ Optimus Prime. He just knows he’s beyond cool! When he goes to get his hair cut, he calls it “getting duded”.

IMG_0618

We dyed eggs on Friday night! Everyone dyed eggs except for me. I was the photographer. (My hands stayed clean. Whoo hoo!) My dining room light casts a funky color cast so I converted the photo to black & white.

These are the finished eggs. Ronnie combined all of the colors to make the grey egg. The kids named the egg Eeyore and they have refused to eat it.

Speaking of grey… I was inspired by my blogging friend (Agnes) to try grey nail polish. I’ve totally fallen in love and I can’t wait to buy more shades of grey. It’s so classic and pretty!

IMG_0623

So that’s what’s been up around here. Now I’m sure you can see why I haven’t been scrapping much! I did manage to create a few digital pages last week. I haven’t shared those with you all yet so here goes…

1: Birthday Boy

BirthdayBoyHeatherLandryWEB

Brandon was so excited about the cake I baked, and jumping in the jumper made him so very happy! I used an older template that I created to scrap this page.

Supplies:
Birthday Boy Mini-Theme
This & That Charming Paper Pack #1

2: Sick Night

***This page was spotlighted on the Creating Keepsakes blog this week. So cool!

SickNightHeatherLandryWEB

I’ve been catching up on my Photoshop Friday classes with these photos of my husband and middle daughter. She was sick this past weekend, and when she's that sick... she wants her Daddy to rock her. He always does! She's only slightly rotten. I didn't use the brush technique that Jessica taught in this class because I've recently used that brush on a page. I went off on a tangent and did my own thing.

Supplies:
Bohemian Bliss Element Pack
Bohemian Bliss Paper Pack
Photoshop Friday Create A Journaling Card

3. Photographer

9HeatherLandryPhotographerWEB

I'm also still working my way through Jessica Sprague’s Art Journaling class as I get time. The prompt for this page was supposed to be about things I inherited, but I loved all of the camera embellishments so much that I had to change the prompt into writing about being a photographer. I'll catch up with the inherited prompt later.

Supplies:
Art Journal Backgrounds 2
Jessica Sprague's Digital Art Journaling Class
Painted Alpha

I’ll be back soon with more Easter photos, and I have two free digital templates coming later this month. Stay tuned!

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

goodness you've been busy. i love, love, love your new projects.

Alison said...

Alexis' new hair do REALLY suits her! I love it on her!! And, Brandon looks SUPER grown up with those sunglasses on. Oh my...he's going to be a heart breaker when he gets a bit older...

HeatherLynn said...

I sure hope you all are better over there!! Your kids are adorable! Love all of the photos.. love your nail polish, too! All of your layouts are awesome! Where do you print yours? I haven't ever done digi before but might have to some day! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE Alexis' new haircut! Love your layouts too. I hope everybody gets and stays healthy- being sick is no fun at all. Happy birthday!!

Cindy Gay said...

I love all the pictures especially you and the kids. Also love the haircuts and of course the boy layout.

Just Jaime said...

The new cut looks so good on Alexis!! Sorry for all the sick kiddos! That sounds really not fun!

Sharon said...

Heather! These pages are so amazing! I love all three of them! And I love all of your kids' haircuts! I am so sorry everyone but Alexis has been sick in your home. That really stinks!

Joy said...

Tell Alexis that I said her hair cut is so amazingly cute!