Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Sweet Baby Boy

Hi! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. My kids will be going back to school tomorrow. They've really enjoyed their week off and so have I, but I'm dreaming of some scrappy time. I've been focusing on hanging out my kids, so I only made one paper layout this week. This is the page that I created.

MySweetBabyBoyHeatherLandryWEB

I've been using my Cricut more lately because I found dust on it a while back. Realizing how little I'd used it and how much I paid for it was definitely a shock! As a result, I've been specifically looking for opportunities to use die cuts on my pages. When I saw this photo of Brandon, I knew I wanted to cut a tree out of the wood grain paper that came in the Great Adventures kit.

DSC09145

Here is a closer look at the title work. I used the tiny alphabet from the Great Adventures add on to make the title longer and more visually appealing. I layered two flowers underneath the title and I added a brad to anchor it all together.

DSC09146

This month's stamp add on really inspired me. I haven't stamped this much in years. I really enjoy stamping on cardstock and cutting the stamped image out so I can use it to embellish my pages. That's what I did with the beautiful text filled star stamp.

DSC09144

I'm off to enjoy the last day of Easter break. Rumor has it that there will be a sprinkler involved! I hope you all have a wonderfully scrappy day.

Wood Grain Thank you

7 comments:

Mitra Pratt said...

ADORABLE!!!!

HeatherLynn said...

omg, i LOVE this layout, Heather!! love the colors, all the details, and the photo is just darling! i adore your layouts! so inspiring! hope you and your family had a great Easter! Hugs, HL

Izzy Anderson said...

This turned out great! Wonderful work, as always.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so cute. love the colors, great use of the kit.

Just Jaime said...

I love the tree!!

Cindy Gay said...

This is so adorable! Great elements and perfect design.

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE this layout!!