Monday, April 16, 2012

You’re So Sweet

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had an amazing weekend. I got a lot of projects done and of course, I’m here to share them.

1: Wish You Were Here

I loved the sticker on the card below so much that I decided to design the entire card around it. I layered the sticker on patterned paper and cut it out with scalloped scissors. I used pop dots to give it some dimension, and I stamped with a banner stamp from the Scraptastic Club add on. I added a tiny bit of bling to the rub on to complete this card.

WishYouWereHereCard_HeatherLandry

2: You’re So Sweet

The next card is really simple, but I love how it turned out. I wanted to use more of the brads from the Great Adventures Add On so I hand cut three hearts and used the brads to anchor the hearts. Once I attached them, I pulled the sides of the hearts up to make the card more dimensional. I stamped a sentiment to finish the card.

Don't forget that using your scraps to make cards is a frugal and handy way to keep cards on hand for special occasions!

3. Treasured Gold

TreasuredGoldWEB_HeatherLandry

A quickie "just because" layout. I saw my older Cosmo Cricket Salt Air collection and had an urge to use it. Then I remembered Sharon's awesome take on the Adele song for this weeks' Scrapping The Music blog challenge. I got the title from Adele's song called Rolling In The Deep. The lyric is: "Turn my sorrow into treasured gold." I just used the last two words.

The design of this page was inspired by a sketch that Jenny Evans created for Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits.

4. Lovely Little You

16LovelyLittleYouHeatherLandryWEB

I used a recent Photoshop Friday lesson and template to create this layout. I unearthed a really old photo to use on this page. I thought hand tinting on the photo would work really well with Jodie Lee's new vintage kit.

Supplies:
Photoshop Friday Selective Recoloring
Jodie Lee's Home Sewn Paper Pack
Jodie Lee's Home Sewn Embellishments

*Come back tomorrow to pick up my next free template and sketch!

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love the design on the Treasured Gold Layout and the font on the card's sentiment! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

HeatherLynn said...

omgosh, your talent just amazes me, Heather! Love everything!! Esp. the heart card! I'm just going to mail you all of my 7200 photos and a list of family's birthdays and you can get to work on my layouts and cards! lol Have a super day!
~hl

A said...

Oh my, I love what you did with that photo Heather!!! Wow wow wow, love it :-)))

Melissa said...

Your cards are really awesome and I love the layouts!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

stop it!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fabulous!

S said...

Now there is some seriously good crafting - I like it all - but that last layout is truly fab!

Sharon said...

Yay Heather! Your layout for Scrapping the Music is absolutely FABULOUS! I love the whimsical feel of it! Thanks so much for joining us there this week!!!! I am loving your cards and your digi layout, too. Who is in the photo? I love it!!!!!!!