Sunday, May 13, 2012

At Ten

Remember when I promised that I would be loading some of my Scraptastic Club pages soon? Here goes… I was lucky enough to work with the Weathered Spring kit, add on, and stamp add on.

Today I’m sharing this page I made about Alexis’ current likes, and dislikes. I actually dreamed this layout. I was thinking about what I could do with this current photo of Alexis right before I went to bed. I had a dream that I used thought bubbles and that I stitched a line to connect them to her. When I sat down to create the page, that's exactly what I did!

AtTenWEB

This is technically a hybrid layout because I typed the journaling on digital journaling spots, then I printed  and cut them out. The journaling spots seemed a little plain, so I colored the doodled border around the journaling spot with a teal color pencil.

DSC09349

I really loved the Thickers in this month's kit. I used them to create the title for my page. As you can see, I also added a little flower to her hair. I put a gem in the center of the flower to add more sparkle!

DSC09330

I finished the page by adding her full name over a tiny bit of scalloped cardstock. It felt a little bit bare, so I layered a circle and added another gem to give it more detail.

DSC09331

That’s it for today, but come back tomorrow when I’ll have more layouts to share and an update on what we’ve all been up to lately.

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

I am so helplessly behind on reading and commenting on my favorite blogs, yours included!! I just saw this on fb and had to come tell you how much I absolutely love it!!! I'll catch up one of these days but until then, I miss you!!! :)

Cindy Gay said...

Oh Heather, this is great! Happy Mother's Day! You're a great one!

Joy said...

Love your design, will certainly save it to my favorites list.

Just Jaime said...

Love this! I pinned the design so I can use it later! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy deRosier said...

This is such an awesome layout! I love the design, the journaling, and the concept. So cool.

Mitra Pratt said...

very lovely! Liked the gem/flower in the hair the BEST!!!

You always come up with the best ideas!

April said...

What a FUN page Heather!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love this.