Monday, May 14, 2012

Enjoy Life

We’ve been keeping busy at my house. The kids only have a few days of school left before Summer vacation. I’ve been scratching my head and wondering where this school year went?! I’m trying to come up with activities to keep my heathens busy over the Summer. I found a new splash park, and we are definitely going to participate in the Summer Reading Program at the library. I also predict lots of fun in the sprinkler and play dates. Maybe I’ll even get to do some scrapbooking?

I have a few photos of Brandon at the new splash park we found. I shouldn’t admit it, but we discovered it when I let him play hooky after a dentist appointment. Shhh!

It’s already been incredibly hot here in Louisiana. The only reason I didn’t let him squirt me was because I didn’t have a change of clothes. You can bet that the next time we go, I’ll make sure I do. (I’m the biggest kid!)

Before we played in the fountains, we went for a walk near Lake Pontchartrain. I never let the kids swim in the lake because there are always health warnings at that beach, so we just walked along the edge and put our toes in the waves.

This is the picture of a very, very happy boy! We had a great time together. I think letting him play hooky was a great decision. Don’t you?

In other news, I’ve been working on some design team layouts for Jessica Sprague’s site lately. I have four projects to share today.

1: Oh Christmas Tree

OhChristmasTreeHeatherLandryWEB

One of my favorite things about Christmas is putting up the tree with my kids. I make sure I take a photo of the finished tree each year so I can scrap the way they chose to decorate it.

Supplies:
Holly Lane Alphas
Holly Lane Brads
Holly Lane Paper Pack
Holly Lane Puffies
Spellbound Element Pack
PDQ Overlays Vol. 11
3x4 Eclectic Journaling cards-set 1

2: Momma & Bubba Day

Momma & Bubba DayHeatherLandryWEB

I’ve already scrapped some of the photos that I took from our trip to Fountainbleau State Park. Brandon was thrilled when we were there, and he declared that it was a "Momma & Bubba Day". So of course, I had to scrap it! Jessica's map themed Photoshop Friday from a few weeks ago was PERFECT.

Supplies:
Mr. Campy Paper Pack
The Boyfriend Candy Candy
Photoshop Friday Use A Map

3: My Garden

MyGardenHeatherLandryWEB

I was inspired to create this page as soon as I saw this week’s Photoshop Friday episode! The swirly font reminded me of some of the vines in my garden.

Supplies:
Garden Variety Candy Candy
Garden Variety Paper Pack
Kraft Capers Paper Pack
Early Bird Paper Pack
Oversized Type

4: Enjoy Life

EnjoyLifeHeatherLandryWEB

This one is a just because layout... I really love these older Cosmo Cricket water themed lines. I'm finishing out the Snorkel collection now. I found a neat sketch by Susan Stringfellow (Sketch #85) that helped me use a bunch of the smaller scraps from the kit.

I love these photos of my nephew. He's funny as all get out. He kept running around the yard so he could squirt the grown ups with the water hose.

*That’s all for today, but in two days there will be a new sketch with lots of design team examples. I still have a giveaway coming up as well.

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love the garden layout! I think letting anyone play hookie is a great idea =)

Jojorenee said...

That splash park looks like loads of fun, I hope I find one like that here!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I'm curious- do you print your digi layouts and put them in albums with your paper pages?

Alison said...

Great job, Heather! Your lo's look awesome, as always! I absolutely love the quote on your last lo- you are only one once. after that you have to think of another excuse. HAHA love it!!!

HeatherLynn said...

Look like you guys had a great day together! love all of your photos and layouts, as always! I can't wait for summer but I am a little scared it's gonna be crazy!! lol

April said...

Awesome pics and super cute layouts Heather!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

hi.

Izzy Anderson said...

The splash park pics are soooooo cute. We have a splash park kind of near us (5 miles) and I always forget about it. Must put it on our to do list. The layouts are fab, of course.