Sunday, May 20, 2012

Friend Or Foe?

Boy am I glad to be home! I am completely exhausted from our whirlwind vacation. We went to a destination wedding and did 8 hours of driving with 3 kids over the weekend. We all made it back alive, and I don't think I forgot anything at the hotel. I'm pretty sure I deserve a medal. Don't you think? Sheesh. Anyway, I am stopping by today to share my latest page with the fabulous Scraptastic Club Weathered Spring kit and add on.

I created this layout with a 5x7 photo of my girls. I don't know if it's the age or what, but they go from being the best of friends to fighting like cats and dogs in seconds. I thought this title would be very appropriate. I picture them growing up, seeing this in an album, and rolling their eyes at me. I'm very truthful in my scrapping so they'll just have to get over it! Besides, what's one more eye roll? Ha!

I took some close up photos to share as well. I'm ALL about rosettes lately. In fact, I could put them on every single page. They're so easy to make and I love the dimension they add. I topped this particular rosette with a sticker and an offset gem. You can also see some of the layering in this photo. I layered patterned paper, a doily sticker, a punched strip, ribbon from my stash, and the rosette all in that one corner.

I also added a tiny touch of mist. It's another product I'm addicted to lately. I finished the page with a strip of torn washi tape, another circle sticker, and another offset gem. I really like repeating items in my designs. It makes my pages feel organized and neat. I repeated the circle shapes three times. (The two rosettes, and the small circle sticker on the bottom right.)

Make sure you check out the FANTASTIC sneak peeks for the June kits! Can I just say that you don't want to miss next month?

Wood Grain Thank you

5 comments:

S said...

Really pretty details on this page - nice!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! Congrats on surviving your vacation. I'm super cranky after 8 hours in the car and that's without three kids!

Just Jaime said...

Love the colors and embellies. In my house, all 4 of us had a relationship like this. It got to be more friend as we got older though =)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so many pretty details. thanks for sharing.

Mitra Pratt said...

Really love that soft rose ribbon with the blooms, I love making those, so fun! Do you make them by hand or with a diecutter?