Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sketch/Template 17

Hello everyone! I’ve created a new sketch and template to share with all of you today. This post is also the debut of the MMD Divas. They are my fantastic design team! I’m so lucky to have these ladies. Please make them feel welcome. I hope you enjoy all of the extra inspiration.

If you would like to save the sketch to your computer for later use, please feel free to right click on the image and then click “save as”. You can also pin it to Pinterest if you’d like to save it there.

HL_Sketch_Template 17

You can definitely tell that the sketch was inspired by this page I made for Scraptastic Club. I used the Weathered Spring kit, add on, and stamp add on to scrap about my super adorable nephew.

April is one of my divas and she made this lovely Easter page based on the sketch. I really love the misting that she did and the font choices in the title really lend a sweet, girly feel to this page. She changed the sketch a bit to make it work with two vertical 4x6 photos and it turned out wonderfully.

AprilWalkerEggHunt

You all remember Nancy right? She’s the one that’s been creating pages from my sketches for YEARS now. I managed to convince to stay on the team. She’s now my DT coordinator! She contributed this page that features her son dyeing Easter eggs. I think it’s great that she also changed the sketch to add some extra photos in the bottom right corner.

dye itNancyKeslin

Melissa is the only other digital scrapbooker on my team. She’s here to help me inspire the digi girls! Her page feels very earthy and natural. I think the extracted grass on the bottom of the page was an inspired touch, and her journaling is wonderful too. I’m WAY jealous that she got to go to Costa Rica.

HL_Sketch_17_Melissa_Birlem

I’ve been aggravating Lesley for a long time on Scrapbook.com. I’ve always admired her style and I’m so glad she’s joined us here on my blog. She created this amazing page about her grandson exploring among the daffodils. The photos are gorgeous and I truly love the butterfly trails all over the page.

LesleyWalkerCelebrateSpring

I think the layering that Mitra did on her page is awesome! It almost feels like we’re looking off into the horizon from the top of a mountain. Mitra is a good blog friend of mine, and I think the scene she set with this page is just perfect for the topic.

Mitra Pratt

Sharon is another friend from Scrapbook.com. She always leaves the best comments on my scrapbook pages and I like to return the favor! I was really inspired by the way she fussy cut the top of her flower out of the photo, and the burlap really adds a wonderful texture. There are so many lovely details on this layout!

SharonFritchman

Alison is the talented mother of twins and I just love reading her blog where she writes about her daily adventures. I could so relate to the journaling on this page. She talked about how she’s always running into and tripping over her kids’ toys. It totally cracked me up! I have that SAME problem. I love all of the scalloped layers that she used too.

Sketch17AlisonKrogsgaard

I managed to make a digital page to share as well. The credits for this page are on my last post if you’re interested. This layout is about how important it is to me to document the tradition of decorating our rather busy Christmas tree each year.

OhChristmasTreeHeatherLandryWEB

Please join me in thanking the Divas for their fabulous example layouts! I really appreciate them more than words can say.

Last but not least, If you’re a digital scrapper, you can download the free digital template that I created in Photoshop Elements by clicking the link below.

https://www.box.com/s/053506991e4850f84e52

Wood Grain Thank you

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Every single one of these layout is so inspiring and creative! I am so happy to be on this amazing team!!!! And the sketch is great, Heather! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on May. 15, 2012. Thanks again.

Melissa said...

Thanks for your kind words Heather. This sketch was so much fun to work with!

April said...

Such awesome pages ladies! So happy to be a part of this wonderful team...thanks Heather!! :)

Just Jaime said...

Love this sketch! I pinned it to use later!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I love seeing all the different interpretations.

Barbara said...

Great sketch Heather!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

awesome pages everyone! congrats to the MMD divas! you rocked it.

HeatherLynn said...

I love your sketch, Heather!! Your DT did a wonderful job!! I love every single layout!! Wow!! Full of inspiration!!!