Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sketch/Template #18

Hello everyone! I’ve created a new sketch and free template to share with all of you today. This post also features my MMD Divas. They are my fantastic design team! I hope you enjoy all of the extra inspiration.

If you would like to save the sketch to your computer for later use, please feel free to right click on the image and then click “save as”. You can also pin it to Pinterest if you’d like to save it there.

HL_Sketch_Template 18 copy

The sketch was inspired by this page that I made with the Scraptastic Club Weathered Spring kit and add on. I actually dreamed about this page with the little thought bubbles connected by stitching. You know you're a hardcore scrapper when you dream pages. This page is a hybrid page because I did all of my journaling on the bubbles in Photoshop Elements. The edging of the circles was a brush from Splendid Fiins.

HL_Sketch_Template 18

I sent the sketch and template to my MMD Divas and they definitely came through for me! Melissa Birlem created this super sweet digital layout about her dog. Her extractions are really neat, and I love the way she connected the hearts to the paw prints. How adorable!

MelissaBirlem

I also love the happy feel of this Mother’s Day page by Alison! She used photos instead of journaling in the circular elements. I really like the embossed circle and the way she used lines of bling to connect the photos. (I wish I’d have thought of that because the stitching I did took forever! LOL)

Alison Krogsgaard It's Your Day

April Walker created this sweet, feminine layout. I think the way she used the wooden butterflies as a creative border around the large circle is really neat. The misting looks super and so do the girls’ matching flip flops in the photo! They’re girls after my heart because I live in flip flops year round.

April Walker

I am so impressed with the way Sharon used the sketch. The background paper is perfect for her page theme and the title work totally rocks! The dimensional clouds also add so much to this layout.

Sharon Fritchman I Wanna Hold

I think this canvas by Nancy is fantastic. I really admire how she thought outside of the box with the sketch. (Outside of the layout? Ha!) Check out the super gorgeous layers. I especially noticed the dimensional stenciling. Awesome!

nancykeslin_thesampler_sheart_MMD

What a vibrant, cheerful page by Lesley! She is the Cricut queen and I always enjoy the different ways she uses die cuts on her layouts. This page is no exception. The circular doily frames are so pretty and the doodles that she used to lead the eye through her photos are wonderful.

Lesley Walker

I made one more inspirational page since I only had one digital layout to share. It features a recent photo of the kids at the beach with my husband, Ronnie. I interviewed each kid by asking them what they like about their Dad and I used that as the journaling.

4OurDadHeatherLandryWEB

Supplies: Dani Mogstad’s Dapper Dan Paper Pack One, Two, and Element Pack.

Digital scrapping friends can download the free layered digital template that I made in Photoshop Elements HERE. Happy scrapping!

Wood Grain Thank you

9 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 2 post on May. 31, 2012. Thanks again.

Just Jaime said...

Love your sketch! I already pinned it =)

April said...

Awesome job ladies!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great projects and a great sketch.

Cindy deRosier said...

I love seeing the variety of layouts from a single sketch! Beautiful work!

Andrea said...

I am a new follower! awesome blog!

Sharon said...

I love all of the projects/layouts created with your amazing sketch, Heather! So, so awesome!!!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Such a fun sketch. Love the many takes on it! The last one about your DH is especially sweet!

Patrice said...

So unique...I love the sketch!