Friday, May 4, 2012

Take A Bow

I really love it when people send me layouts that they’ve made with my sketches. It’s so flattering to know that they were inspired, and it’s also fun to see how my readers interpret the sketches differently. I have THREE readers’ pages to share today!

I absolutely adore this bright, sunny page by Sharon. She used Sketch #14 and she did a fantastic job. I love happy photos of her family. They totally make me smile! The burlap is an amazing addition to this page. Did you know that Sharon is a MMD Diva? You’ll be seeing a lot more from her here on my blog.

SharonFritcheySparkle!

This wonderful page was created by Mandi. She and I chat on the Scraptastic Club Facebook page ALL of the time. I really love how she used Sketch #15 to create this page about her beautiful daughter. The circular blue jean embellishments are the perfect choice to draw the eye around her page. 

Amanda Valentin

I have another page from one of my new DT members! Mitra created this lovely layout about Kew Gardens. She also used Sketch #15. I adore the soft, subdued feel to this page and her layering is just incredible. The rosette flowers are the icing on an already lovely page. (Cake? LOL)

Kew Gardens 04272012-001MitraPratt

I also have a few pages of my own to share. I finished my May Scraptastic Club kit so quickly this month that I ended up pulling out an older Cosmo Cricket paper pack called Salt Air. I love it when I get inspired to create with older product.

1. Best Day

BestDayHeatherLandryWEB

This layout was based on a sketch by Holly from The Sampler. I ended up changing it a bit, but I think you can still tell I was inspired by the sketch.

Journaling: We were all thrilled when Ronnie suggested a quick day trip to Bay St. Louis. The kids played in the sand and soaked up the warm weather. It was the best day ever! May '11

2. Bay Saint Louis Scenery

BayStLouisHeatherLandryWEB

This layout was inspired by Sketch 140 from the Got Sketch? blog. I rotated it and went off on a tangent again. You all know how I tend to do that!

A page from me with no journaling? I've shocked myself. I figured that the title pretty much said it all.

3. Hot Date?

HotDateHeatherLandryWEB

It's pretty pitiful that our idea of a hot date lately is chaperoning the kids' field trips. Oh well! At least we got to get out of the house right? LOL

Supplies:
Hot Date Brads
Hot Date Alphabets
Hot Date Paper Pack
Loopies Vol.1 - Flutterby
Love My Boy Element Pack
PDQ Overlays Vol. 12

Other:
Butterfly Brush by Mouritsa

That’s all for today but I have lots of fun stuff coming soon here on my blog. I even have a giveaway featuring some pretty awesome skin care supplies coming up in a few days!

Wood Grain Thank you

7 comments:

April said...

Such fun layouts!

Just Jaime said...

Love how you rotated the sketch!

Love the pages by others too!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fun pages! How fun seeing what others have done with your sketches. I love your Bay St. Louis layout- gorgeous!

A said...

All of them look great :-)
Brandon seems to be growing up so fast! He is almost a man!

Izzy Anderson said...

These are all great. I love your "hot date" lol. I can relate! Most of my outings involve a 3 year old.... Love all the guest pieces. Everyone did a terrific job with your sketches.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

hey! you updated your blog. you have the best readers.

Mitra Pratt said...

Super thanks for publishing us! I spotted this the other night, but since I subscribe by e-mail, just got a chance to leave you a comment. Isn't it amazing how many different variations on the same basic layout!