Sunday, June 24, 2012

Beauty Everywhere

This is my last set of projects with the June Oh Snap! kit from Scraptastic Club. I can honestly say that I used this kit down to the last scrap with these two cards. I even stamped on cardstock scraps so I could add a little more detail to my design. These cards were inspired by some PageMaps sketches from Becky Fleck. On the card below, I fussy cut more of those fabulous flowers from the patterned paper. I know I've been a little obsessed with those this month, but can you blame me?

BeautyEverywhereCardHeatherLandryWEB

I used foam adhesive dots to create dimension on my card. I added a sticker sentiment, a stamped accent, and a tiny piece of bling to finish the card. The banner that I used was hand cut. I eyeballed it and tried to get the sides as even as I could. I found the artsy style of this kit very forgiving.

BeautyEverywhereCard1HeatherLandryWEB

I also used the same adorable heart patterned paper on the next card! The big doily was printed on a different piece of patterned paper, but I cut it out to use it on my card. The papers in this kit really worked well for fussy cutting. I cut the doily in half and used it on the top and the bottom of the card. The pink doily was stamped onto cardstock and cut out. The sentiment is another sticker from the kit. I wanted to add some dimension, so I adhered it to pink cardstock and cut a thin border around the edge.

HelloCardHeatherLandryWEB

This is a closer look at the doily and the stamping. I layered the two together and I put a bit of bling in the center.

HelloCard2HeatherLandryWEB

Have you seen the Scraptastic Club sneak peeks for July? They are really awesome!!

Thank You copy

6 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Cute cute cards!

Mitra Pratt said...

Love these cards! Have just a wee bit of this kit left myself, I had better get cracking!! Love the new kits too, going with Picnic.

Just Jaime said...

I like the doodled theme on both!

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable!

April said...

Heather these are amazing and I looooooooooooove the new blog look! ;)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

adorable.