Monday, June 18, 2012

NOT A Toy

Summer is still kicking my butt and I’m completely sick of driving in circles! Summer school is over at the end of this month so I’m trying to hang in there. Alexis seems to be working really hard and we’re getting good reports from the teachers. I’m hoping that she manages to pass the LEAP test this time. She’s going to be devastated if she has to repeat the fourth grade.

Even though life has been chaotic, I did manage to fit a little bit of scrapbooking in this week. I’m here to share the pages I finished! I have a few more partially finished projects in piles around my space. I’ll post those as I get them finished. (Hopefully.)

1: Maa Maa

MaaMaaHeatherLandryWEB

I used one of the latest Photoshop Friday episodes from Jessica Sprague to create this page about visiting the new baby goats at my grandparents' house last Easter. The human kids were having a conversation about what goats say.

Supplies:
Sweet Day Full Collection
Photoshop Friday: Add Tint To A Photo

2. NOT A Toy

NOTAToyHeatherLandryWEB

When my baby brother was born, my Mom and Stepdad wanted to take photos of the three of us together. As you can guess, we were less than cooperative. I can distinctly remember being told that he was "NOT a Toy". Ha! I'm submitting this page to the Darker Side challenge on Scrapbook.com. I don't usually distress and scrap with darker colors so this page was quite hard for me!!

My design is based on a Creating Keepakes sketch. I swear it's straight IRL, my photography is just off. Ugh!

3. Tread Softly

TreadSoftlyHeatherLandryWEB

I loved the colors in this kit so I paired it with a photo that I recently took of Alexis. I wrote her a little letter in the journaling to let her know how I feel about her and her dreams.

Supplies:
Jessica Sprague's Photoshop Friday "Add A Title To A Photo"
Audrey Neal's Softly Digital Kit
The journaling font is called Legion Slab.

4: Family Rules

FamilyRulesHeatherLandryWEB

I combined the gorgeous Family Rules digital kit and the 3 Strips Template by Audacious Designs to create this page. I loved the word art so much that I used it as journaling. (I’m not on Audrey’s creative team, I just really like her designs.)

Wood Grain Thank you

8 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

Heather, You always make the prettiest pages! I love the designs, the colors, the photos..you are one extremely talented lady!!!I'm jealous! Do you give skype lessons?! lol

April said...

AMAZING pages Heather. I really love the third one...

Just Jaime said...

Love the journaling spot in the first layout and the last design!

Wendy Rasbach said...

Whoa...if your student doesn't pass the LEAP they have to repeat? That would be devastating. We have the MEAP here, and plenty of students don't pass it, but that has no bearing on whether they repeat a grade or not. :( I'll be saying some prayers for her!!
Also, I love the designs, of course. :) My favorite is the one of Alexis, and the family one is super fun too.

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oooooooooh I love them all!! You did an excellent job with grunging up your layout for the dark side challenge! Tread lightly is just beautiful......I really like the messy paint look......and I swear it looks like you can reach out and touch it....not an easy feat for a digi scrapper!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Your life is obviously jam-packed and you still manage 4 layouts?! And they're all awesome?! How do you do it? Literally. How do you do it?!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love your designs. don't know how you do it. that is all i am going to say today....don't want to get us in trouble.
lol

Izzy Anderson said...

These are all fabulous, Heather. I especially love the last two. You have such great photos of your cute kids!