Sunday, June 3, 2012

Obsession Documented

Let me just say that I am LOVING the Oh Snap! kit from Scraptastic Club this month. The colors are so vibrantly wonderful and I think the artsy vibe is fantastic. I've really enjoyed creating with it. I've finished several pages, and this is the first one I want to share. It's based on a Basic Grey sketch that I downloaded a while back from their blog. I used photos of Brandon from a long time ago. We bought this NASCAR Power Wheel in 2005 for Alexis, but as soon as Brandon could walk he stole it. We would have to literally pull him out of it so his sisters could have a turn.

ObsessionDocumentedWEB

I have a few detail shots to share with you all. I did a ton of layering in the upper left corner of this page. I started with some rub ons from the main kit, then I fussy cut one of the doily shapes out of a piece of paper. I added a flower sticker on top of that, and I tucked one of the fabric tapes from the add on under the edge of one of the petals. I finished it off by adding a dymo label date, a brad, and some sparkly Stickles!

ObsessionDocumentedWEB2

The right side of my page was feeling a little bit bare, so I added some grey October Afternoon mist. I layered several of the flowers that I fussy cut out of one of the patterned papers. (They are popped up with pop dots in different dimensional layer heights.) I also tucked a leaf sticker in under the flowers when I decided I needed a bit of bright green on that side of the page!

ObsessionDocumentedWEB3

Don't forget to finish your layouts for the May challenges at Scraptastic Club!! You have to have your pages linked by June 6th. Good luck!

Wood Grain Thank you

10 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

Heather, this is soo soo cute! Love the design and the bright colored patterns on the black! Adorable photos, too! Hope you have a great week!

Hugs,
HL

Mitra Pratt said...

Love this! I have the same kit and those letters have thrown me a bit. I like how you made yours cursive. I hadn't used them that way and now I want to try! This is an awesome kit, I'm making huge strides at using mine up and it's not even close to the end of the month!

Sharon said...

I love this page, Heather! So darn cute! Such a fun memory!!!! You rocked this kit, too!

Nichole Koch said...

Looks like a great kit! I love the paper with all the cameras on it!

Just Jaime said...

I love the colors! And I love the cameras and zig zag paper!

April said...

Sooooo cute Heather!! Loving that camera paper!

S said...

What an adorable driver! Very cute page - I like everything about it.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute. love the fun, bright colors.

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome layout! I had a hard time with these papers, especially the hot pink, but you nailed it!

Jojorenee said...

Great layouts, lately I too have been remembering the Stickles craze and trying to use it up on as many projects as possible!