Friday, June 22, 2012

Unfinished Business

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Flood Wood Care for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

We have a huge wooden playset in our backyard, and it's so big that we nicknamed it the Taj Mahal. We bought the Taj Mahal seven years ago when the kids were really little. I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but we paid an absolute fortune for it. 

I've noticed lately that the wood has faded, so I began researching wood stains. It seems a little crazy to spend that much money on a playset without protecting our investment for the future. I realized that if we keep sealing it, we'll probably have the same structure for our grandchildren. I decided that it's worth the time and hassle to get the ladder out so I can refinish our Taj Mahal. The only problem with that decision was that I didn't have the first idea what type of product I should use to seal it.

During my search, I came across the Flood® Wood Care website. They have a wonderful tool where you can enter the type of wood you need to refinish. I also loved the fact that they showed pictures that you could choose to describe the condition of your project. After you click on the images, they suggest products that would work for the finish you want to achieve. They recommended Flood® Wood Care Cleaner/Brightner Concentrate to clean the wood and get rid of the grey in my playset. A Chestnut Semi-Transparent Wood Stain was recommended based on the color I wanted to achieve as well. 

flood.com

Through all of my research, I found out that Flood® Wood Care products deliver quality results that last a long time. The Flood® Wood Care company was formed in 1841 by a family of painters. They are experts on wood care so you don't have to be! 

Currently, Flood® Wood Care has a Take it Easy Sweepstakes open on their website. You can get your deck refinished, and win enough money to throw a rockin' deck party. All you have to do is click on the Take it Easy Sweepstakes link and enter your information. Good luck! I'm going to enter right away, and I'm going to add those recommended Flood® Wood Care products to my list for the next time I go to the home improvement store. 

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments: