Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby, You’re A Firework!

Hi everyone! I'm here to share another project. I used the Scraptastic Club Summer Picnic kit and add on to scrap photos of Miss Jordan from the 4th of July. I used a Katy Perry song as the title because she really is a firework. She's got a smart, sassy, sarcastic personality! (I have NO clue where she got that from.... LOL) She's such a determined little thing too. Ever since she was a baby, doctors have been telling her what she couldn't do... They've never been right yet!

HLYou'reAFireworkWEB

This page was inspired by the layout titled "Baseball" on page 31 in the last issue of Scrapbooks Etc, but as usual I ended up going my own way by changing a lot of the design elements. You all know how much I love using multiple fonts and colors in my titles, and this page is no exception. I used almost all of the different alpha stickers in the kit!

HLYou'reAFireworkD2WEB

This is a closer view of the journaling. For those of you who don't know, Jordan was a micro preemie and the doctors predicted that she'd be wheelchair bound and nonverbal when she grew up. She decided differently, and she's achieved so much in her life already! She doesn't just walk, she runs. She has a completely wonderful spirit and I'm so lucky to be her Mom!

HLYou'reAFireworkD1WEB

I hope you all have a very happy, scrappy week!

Thank You copy

11 comments:

S said...

Super cute page, and of course, those lyrics are now running through my mind.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love the pinwheels in the little jar!!!

Alison said...

I'm not sure what micro preemie means? But, I just have to re-affirm--she's *such* an inspiration! Thanks for sharing Heather <3

Kimberly DeMucha Kalil said...

I really love how you used three different letter stickers for your title. Super cute page.

Mitra Pratt said...

Ditto from me, I got cold chills reading your post, thanks for the inspiration!

Linda Jordan said...

Adorable page!! Love the title :)

Linda

Barbara said...

What a wonderful page. Great journaling. I'm glad to read your daughter is doing so well. I'm happy your daughter is proving the doctors wrong!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful page. Great journaling. I'm glad to read your daughter is doing so well. I'm happy your daughter is proving the doctors wrong!

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE this page! Not only is it cute, but the message and the journaling are so awesome.

Just Jaime said...

Great title work!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

adorable....and that is all you get! lol