Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Busy Digital Layout & An Update

Summer has been flying by at my house. We’ve already been out to buy new school uniforms and school supplies because we only have 15 days left before school starts. As hectic as things have been, I’m definitely going to miss the kiddos when they go back. Sure I moan and groan that they’re driving me crazy, but secretly I miss them when they go back to school. I enjoy the quiet, but sometimes it’s just too quiet.

Remember the photo prompt series I’ve been following? I’ve gotten some interesting photos over the last week. I’m not going to share all of them, but you can see the full collection here. This was the prompt for “finger”. I took a photo of Miss Jojo’s hands.

Fingers

The next day I ended up taking a photo of Jordan again. Not for the prompt, just because I was trying to cheer her up. She got REALLY sick with a kidney infection. I put her on the couch with the new American Girl McKenna movie and she laid there all day long. Poor little bit. She’s feeling a lot better now, but this  photo just breaks my heart.

IMG_0826

That night Ronnie brought me flowers, and we ended up giving them to Jordan. She cheered up a little. After all, what girl doesn’t love flowers?

IMG_0870

Jordan has been obsessed with being a doctor as long as I can remember. When she was tiny, she declared that she wanted to be a pediatrician and a baseball player. She gave up on baseball, but she’s still going strong on her doctor obsession. My Mom played along by sending her some doctor stuff so she could play. Alexis got roped in as the nurse. Brandon is occasionally the patient, but he gets tired of that quickly. They usually use stuffed animals. I am pretty sure that I’ll be pulling tape off of their stuffed animals for years.

5x7DoctorsRIn

I have a few layouts to share as well. I’ve done a few paper pages, but I’m keeping them a secret because they’re a gift for someone. So you get two digital pages! These weren’t for design team work. They are just because layouts.

1: Crashed

CrashedHeatherLandryWEB

About a week ago, Brandon got bitten by a bunch of ants and I had to give him some Benedryl. He's just like his Momma. I fall fast asleep any time I take it! He just looked so cute when he was asleep that I had to grab my camera.

Supplies:
Photoshop Friday: Create A Background Paper
A Boy's Life Element Pack #1
A Boy's Life Element Pack #2
A Boy's Life Paper Pack #1
A Boy's Life Paper Pack #2
Sew Crafty - messy stitches vol 1

2. Busy, Busy, Busy

BusyHeatherLandryWEB

Alexis is my oldest daughter, and she is very busy. She's always in motion and I wanted to do a page to document that aspect of her personality. I felt like the arrows on this page gave the design a lot of movement.

Supplies:
So Happy Together Full Collection
Spellbound Element Pack

Other Supplies:
Scrappin' With Liz's Facebook Freebie Template from July 2012

Thank You copy

10 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Beautiful layouts! Poor Brandon! I can't believe school is starting up so soon. Is it year round?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!!!! And your lo's... WOW WOW WOW!! I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee them!!!!! You are amazing!!!!

Paper Pile Kitten said...

Amazing layouts! And the photo prompt pic is great! Hope your little girl is feeling better soon!

Bridget said...

Hi Heather, thanks for stopping blog my blog http://photosbybridget.net after Lain's webinar. Your blog is so colorful and happy, very nice layouts, you sound like a very busy lady. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely projects. great photos. hooray for back to school

Wendy Rasbach said...

Hi Heather,
I'm hoping the mention of back to school means good news on that test? I love the cartwheeling action pictures of Alexis and the arrows pointing in. The pictures of Brandon sleeping were so sweet! I hope Jordan's on the mend from that kidney infection. It's no fun when our kids are sick!
:) Wendy

Ange said...

Great layouts! I really like the arrows on the 2nd one too and the owl in your header is super cute. Just wanted to say thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

Vija Anton said...

great photos! I hope that kidney infection has cleared all up by now.

Nikki said...

You are wonderfully talented! Going to add you to my blog list! Have a great day! Hugs!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love both those layouts! Great pics, great colors, great design.