Friday, July 20, 2012

Card Sketch/Template #1

I have a bit of news to share! A while ago, I was asked to create card sketches for the challenges over at The Sampler blog. The first challenge with my card sketch is up TODAY! They also have an awesome layout sketch by Holly King as well. Trust me, you really should head over there to participate. While you’re there, check out the amazing examples from the design team members too!

20HL_CardSketch_Template1PRV

I created this card as an example. I used some older paper from my stash. That’s one of the reasons I love making cards. I use a TON of scraps that way.

I’ve also created a matching digital template for hybrid card makers. I used the Retrospect collaboration kit from Design House Digital. (Please don’t try to print the image below. I saved it for the web and it won’t print correctly.)

EverythingOldHeatherLandryWEB

If you’re a digital scrapbooker, you can download the layered freebie card template that I made in Photoshop Elements.

https://www.box.com/s/3d84fff8ff11b6e77067

Once you assemble the digital template, print it out and mat it on a cardstock base to make a quick hybrid card.

Thank You copy

8 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 3 post on Jul. 20, 2012. Thanks again.

Cindy deRosier said...

Congrats! Very cool that you're adding Card Sketch Artist to your resume. Love your first sketch!

Just Jaime said...

Great sketch! I'm pinning! I love the first card's pps!

Alison said...

Congrats Heather, that's awesome! WTG!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely.

April said...

How exciting Heather! Love the sketch. :)

Paper Pile Kitten said...

I love this template! I'm going to bookmark it for future reference as I make quite a few cards in a year.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Lain's webinars are always so much fun! You have a great blog here!

Sheryl Siler said...

I love sketches. Thank you for sharing yours. It is always great to see how different a card or scrapbook page can look with the same layout.