Sunday, July 1, 2012

I Don’t Even LIKE Strawberries!

I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend. I’m taking a break from my weekend fun to share a happy layout that I made with the absolutely fabulous Scraptastic Club Summer Picnic kit. (I also used the add on and the mask add on.) It was definitely outside of my comfort zone. I don't usually do two page layouts and I don't do a lot of misting either. In fact, this was my first time using a misting mask.

I ended up making this layout a two pager because I had so many photos that I wanted to use. I couldn't go to Brandon’s field trip, so I asked one of the other Moms to email photos to me so I could scrap it. (Photography by Stephanie Diaz) I used a chevron misting mask on this page. I tried to use a very light cream mist at first, but it didn't show up on my layout AT ALL. I grabbed the Navy mist with some apprehension because I was scared to go really dark, but I really do like the way it turned out.

StrawberryFields_HeatherLandry_ScraptasticWEB

Here's a closer view of the journaling. I wrote it in pencil first so I could fit everything I wanted to say, and I traced it with a pen. I erased the pencil marks and ended up with this. I love the layered patterns in this paper collection. It makes scrapping a lot simpler! You can also see that I traced a brown border around the sticker elements to help them stand out.

StrawberriesDetail2WEB

This is my favorite part of the layout. I really loved the variety of alphas in the kit and add on, so I couldn't resist doing a multi-font, multi-color title. The strawberry stickers and some washi tape finished off the page. I did add one tiny yellow brad from my stash, but everything else came from the kit!

StrawberriesDetailWEB

Thank You copy

12 comments:

Jojorenee said...

Great work with that misting/the whole layout Heather it came out great. I would have been afraid to but it looks so fabulous I want to give it a shot! Cross my fingers!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love the navy chevrons! Very nice! Too bad he didn't enjoy the trip.... or strawberries. Silly boy!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love it. love the misting especially. great job on the 2 pager. fun design.

Cindy Gay said...

It's a great layout; very professional!

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous layout!! The misting turned out looking great & I love the stripes below the journaling.

Linda

Mitra Pratt said...

you do great at MISTING there girlie!! Love the double layout, can't wait to get my kit!!!

Just Jaime said...

The misting looks awesome! Glad you went for it!

April said...

This looks awesome Heather! The misting is fabulous...

{Steph} said...

Wow, I love your work! I'm a new follower/subscriber! Found you via CK Club.

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

Sharon said...

Heather, your 2-pager is amazing! I love how you documented this fun field trip in such a creative way!!!! So cool!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a wonderful 2-pager!! How wonderful to have someone to take photos when you couldn't be there!! Love the title and journaling and wonderful color!! ~ Blessngs

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Izzy Anderson said...

I love this collection and love love love your layout!