Sunday, July 8, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

This weekend absolutely flew by with two trips to church and a mini vacation at my grandparents’ house. I made it back just in time to share my latest project with the Scraptastic Club Summer Picnic kit. The mist masks that I bought this month in the July add on are really making me think outside of the box. I decided to spray navy mist through a mask to balance the printed flags on the patterned paper.

It’s no secret that I love the bright, happy colors in the Summer Picnic kit. They work so well with my photo! As you can see, I decided to use the postcard from one of the papers to mat my picture. It's not the best photo of Brandon, but it holds a lot of memories for me. He loved the sand and water table we bought one Christmas, and he played with it ALL the time. Every time he got to go outside, he'd just dig and splash.

OhHappyDay!WEBHeatherLandry

I used my craft knife to fussy cut some of the banner details in the background paper. Once they were cut, I was able to slip the dark blue floral paper behind the cut pieces to give the page more dimension. I hated to cover up any of those beautiful printed details. I also added tiny yellow pearls to the brown flower scatter on the right hand side.

OhHappyDayD1HeatherLandryWEB

I wanted the hot air balloon to look like it was lifting the photo up off of the page. I used several layers of dimensional foam adhesive to help it stick evenly on top of the burlap tag. I added a brad, and a bright pop of red with the clothespin embellishment. I love teeny embellishments like that.

OhHappyDayD2HeatherLandryWEB

I hope you all have a great week! I'm going to try to post several more layouts tomorrow. I’m hoping I’ll have time. I also have a photo post coming later this week with more fun from Big Bertha.

Thank You copy

6 comments:

kate blue said...

love the colors of this and the feelings and memeories are more important than the photoe I agree!

Mitra Pratt said...

Love that layout!! I haven't used that piece of paper as of yet, but I am making good progress on that kit already!!! Good call on cutting those banners so you don't lose them under the blue paper!

Just Jaime said...

Loving your misting. It really does balance out the page nicely! The burlap is so fun!

Amanda Sevall said...

Love this layout Heather!! So cute!! The fussy cutting really makes it look fantastic -- I thought you put all those on there!! :)

Cindy Gay said...

I love the misted web!

S said...

What a great page - that misting is a little unexpected - I really like it!