Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Picnic Cards

Before I finish this post, I'd like to apologize for missing last Monday's scheduled Scraptastic Club post. Jordan got really sick Sunday night while I was writing the post, and she was so ill on Monday that I forgot to come back and finish it. We found out that she had a severe kidney infection, and it was touch and go for a while if she’d end up in the hospital. She's feeling much better now, and I caught my mistake. So instead of one card, today you get four!

I fell in love with the scenes on the 4x6 cards that were included on some of the Simple Stories papers in the "Summer Picnic" kit and add on. They were already pretty perfect, but I couldn't resist adding a few small touches.

On this card, I used dimensional adhesive to add a blue flower sticker that pops off of the front. I also added some yellow twine and gems from the kit. See? Simple, but still special enough to send out for a friend's birthday!

CelebrateLifeHLWEB

We all know that Subway art is HUGE right now. Everywhere you turn on Pinterest or Facebook, it's there! I thought the 4x6 subway art card would look great taped to the front of the card. After all, it already says everything on it's own! This card could be used as an invitation to a BBQ.

The card on the right is a wedding/newlywed card. The sentiments from the sticker sheet worked perfectly to dress it up, and the washi helped me add just the right amount of color.

SummerPicnicCardHeatherLandryWEB

Last but not least, I have a Summer birthday card. I added the cloud sticker, then I layered washi tape and a sticker sentiment on top of it. A few more yellow pearls finished it off perfectly. It's waiting in my drawer for a new home as we speak.

CelebrateMemoriesHLWEB

Don't forget to enter the challenges at Scraptastic Club this month! July is already half over and you don't want to miss out on the chance to win an awesome prize.

Thank You copy

19 comments:

S said...

Super cards. I have some of those same Simple Stories journaling cards. I seem to collect journaling cards like I used to collect stamps (too many too quickly to use). I had thought of using some on cards too - but glad you inspired me with great examples. Love the colorfulness of those greetings. Nicely done you!

Barbara said...

Heather, you make the greatest cards!
I'm glad your daughter is on the mend. How scary!

Patrice said...

Such fun cards, Heather!

Just Jaime said...

You have such an eye for design! I love all of them!

Cindy deRosier said...

Great cards! So glad Jordan is better and that you avoided a hospital stay.

HeatherLynn said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Jordan! I am so glad that she is feeling better now!

I love all of your cards! The papers are so pretty! I love the colors and patterns! I always adore your wonderful designs! Great job, Heather!!! You are so uber talented!!

Hope Jordan gets back to 100 percent asap!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Heather Lynn

Nicole Nowosad said...

Wow! really cute cards Heather!! i love the little details you added !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love love the little red wagon and denim pocket!! And thanks for following me... I am following you now too and added you to my bloggy roll!!! Why I wasn't following you before is BEYOND me!?!?!?!?! LOL! :)

Danielle Hunter said...

Love those colors and the subway art! Thanks for stopping by my blog & following...I'm happy to be a new follower here too.

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Hi Heather!

You are quicker than I! I think I jotted down all of the blog/site addies from everyone at Lain's webinar as well, but am just sitting here catching up on emails and saw your post via Disqus!

So nice to meet you Heather! I've taken a few minutes to scroll down and read through some of your posts and just adored reading the conversation from Brandon about who he is going to marry! I miss my kiddos in their younger years, but have come to cherish them in an even deeper manner now that they are all adults! You are right between my second daughter and my eldest son in age. Perhaps that might clue you into "why" I'm not quite as quick as I used to be! ROFL! I'm getting ... older! But still a kid on the inside! :)

Love your work. Your cards are ever so lovely. I am working at making a comeback with my passion for digital design and according to your "about me" we are very similar, however, I could sure use a few lessons in sarcasm!!! I have a few of my kiddos that do it very well naturally, but I really have to give it some thought! He, he ...

Well, as you can tell by now, I am quite the chatterbox, so I shall say so long before I wear out my welcome!

Wishing you the best in all of your endeavors and keep on scrapping happy! Hoping this finds Jordan having recovered nicely from her kidney infection. Ouch!

Hugs,

Linda Walton
Bon Scrapatit Designs

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Ooops. See. I am so forgetful *wink*

I am following your blog and I am also going to follow you on Twitter and Pinterest :)

Annie Collins said...

Hi Heather - Sorry to hear about your daughter. I am glad to hear that she is feeling a bit better.

I wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog today. We met on Lain's webinar but truth be told we are also members of Scraptastic club & forum.

I love all your cards. Thanks for sharing your work.

Robin S said...

I love the cards, I'm a card addict too but I do most of mine digital now!

orange gearle said...

Hi! I followed you back! Loving that card with the subway art!

Sherri Thompson said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Heather! I love your projects, too-I am now following through Google Reader. It's great to "meet" you after the webinar!

Kimberly DeMucha Kalil said...

Love, love these card. Such bright, happy colors. I just recently started making cards and love the inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

Hi Heather,

I saw your comment on my blog and wanted to drop over to say "Hi" and thanks for adding me to your reading list, I have now returned the favour and done the same. I was reading through your posts and I just love the stories you tell about your kids - so cute! And I love that you use lots of colour on your projects! I love colour!
Thanks for sharing - keep posting I can't wait to read what the girls and Brandon get up to next!

Christine Smith said...

oh my goodness, what DELICIOUS cards!! I will be following you :) Thanks for the note on my blog from Lain's traffic seminat

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great cards.