Sunday, August 26, 2012

Do You Remember The Time? (Scraptastic Club)

Happy Sunday to you! I'm back to share my latest project with the fabulous Scraptastic Club August "Barn Door" kit, add on, and stamp add on. You already know how much I'm loving this kit full of neutral goodness, so let's jump right in! I decided to scrap these photos of my daughter and my nephew blowing bubbles. My nephew was having a hard time figuring everything out, so Jordan volunteered to help him. I hid and snapped these photos so they wouldn't look away from what they were doing. It was too cute to see the intense level of concentration on their faces.

I used three strips of paper that I cut into banner shapes for the background. The whole page design was formed around that choice. I wanted to be able to showcase a few of the different patterned papers without the layout becoming too busy.

DoYouRememberTheTimeHeatherLandryWEB

I chose to put the title on solid grey paper so I could use one of the stamps from the stamp add on to create an interesting border. I also layered several scalloped borders that I punched from my scraps, and I placed a journaling spot just above them. I added a chipboard butterfly that I popped up with foam tape. The center of the butterfly's body is black and white twine from the kit.

DoYouRememberTheTimeD2HeatherLandryWEB

I cut several hearts out of the heart patterned paper and adhered them to my page. I added rub on stars near or on top of the hearts, and I topped them with bling. I decided that the hearts still looked too plain, so I added the liquid pearls that came as the additional goody this month. I love the extra bit of shimmer and definition it adds.

DoYouRememberTheTimeD1HeatherLandryWEB

Thank You copy

11 comments:

Debbie P said...

This is so pretty! I always love how you put all the neutral muted colors together to make an incredible layout! The photos are so cute! Great job!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I love everything you've made with 'Barn Door'.

Hilde/Scoobie said...

Fabolous design on this layout!
And the photos are priceless!
TFS!

Monique Liedtke said...

Wonderful page! Love the design and your handwriting looks great! (unlike mine!)

Linda Jordan said...

This page is so gorgeous!! I love the color scheme & those photos are so precious!

Linda

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the design, the huge pennants are great...and you are rockin' this kit.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww!! I am IN LOVE with this lo!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos, the title, the way you did the pennants opposite and loving the random hearts!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

Just Jaime said...

Love the design and title work! What beautiful kiddos!

janet said...

Love this, Heather! Those pictures are so cute!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Precious photos! I love how you placed them and your design! Beautiful!:)

Sharon Fritchey said...

Oh Heather! This is just amazing! I love, LOVE what you did with this kit. Your photos and the way you designed them - so fabulous!!!!!!