Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Drinking Poison

Happy Wednesday! Well, it was only happy for some of us because today was my girls’ first day back at school. They definitely did not want to go. I took photos of them waiting for the bus, but they need to be edited so I’ll be back later to share them. Brandon and I spent the day running errands and catching up on things around here.

I also spent a while answering email. Then I noticed that I had a few projects on my desktop that I’ve been meaning to share, so I’m taking a quick minute to put them up on my blog.

1: Imagination

6ImaginationHeatherLandryWEB

My kids have the best grandma on the planet! She sent them a bunch of stuff to play doctor with, and they've been hugely entertained by the whole thing.

Supplies:
Imagination Complete Kit
Photoshop Friday: Create An Outline From A Font

2: Drinking Poison (Art Journal)

DrinkingPoisonArtJournalHeatherLandry

I don't usually upload my art journal pages here, but since a few friends have asked... My art journal pages are pretty random. Just whatever bit of memorabilia I have around, and the story I want to tell. I've also added quotes and random embellishments. It's pretty much a picture of what's in my head on a given day.

3. Clyde The Fabulous Clydesdale

OUT FOR PUBLICATION


I created this layout with the awesome August "The Story Begins" kit, add on, and mask add on from Scraptastic Club. I don't usually use a lot of pink on my pages, but I stretched WAY outside of my comfort zone to make this one.

I did a bit of misting with the hexagon mask from the add on. Everything is from the kit except for the sparkly blue alpha and the pink Stickles. (Yes, I own pink Stickles!)

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I am exactly the same way about disorganized/flaky people. It makes me unbelievably angry... and I have to remind myself that my anger isn't doing anything but hurting myself. So glad you shared that art journal page - I totally needed that today after being stood up by someone in a leadership position who obviously is too irresponsible to be in charge of anything.

Just Jaime said...

Your art journal is so cool! That quote is a good one too! Love the B&W photo in the first layout and the design of all !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee your pages and your art journal!!! I used to be like that ... but then I married Brian and realized that he is who he is... and I am who I am... it's all about compromising our lifestyles... I have become a lot more laid back!!! :)

Joy said...

Awesome pages! I really like your imagination page....such a great photo and a great story for them to remember.

Mitra Pratt said...

DUDE love that quote! That is one cool doctor page too! Love it all!!!

Jojorenee said...

Great layout and love your journal so true!

Linda Jordan said...

Love the pages!! And I'm so happy you shared your art journal :) Awesome quote in it too...so true!

Linda

A said...

I like your art journal so much! That's a great line about drinking poison! And your handwriting is so neat.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so love that photo of the girls. cracks me up. You art journal is looking wonderful and your photos of clyde and the 2 page...multi photo are great. i especially love the misting