Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Having A Ball

Time for another photo update!  Things are even busier than normal here. We signed Brandon up for football at the very last minute. He really enjoyed tee ball, so we asked a few months ago if he wanted to play football. He said that he didn’t want to because he didn’t want to get hurt. We dropped the topic until I talked to his tee ball coach and she said her son (Brandon’s friend) would be on the same team. I showed Brandon a photo of his friend in football equipment and he decided to sign up.

5x7Football

We made a trip to Academy to buy football supplies. I’m just gonna say it… football is WAY more expensive than tee ball. It was $55 to sign up and he gets a jersey for that. I had to buy a helmet for $60, pads for $60, and cleats for $60. I still have to buy practice pants and game pants for $40. I also have to get a physical before Monday and that’s another $50. Holy moly! We also signed Jordan up to cheer at his games. That cost $55, but her uniform was provided. I just had to buy $20 uniform shoes. That’s a grand total of $400!

_MG_1218

It’s all worth it though. He had his first practice yesterday in 100 degree heat for an hour and a half. He came home SOAKED in sweat. I was worried that he wouldn’t like it, but he had a blast. He has practice again tonight. They are very, very serious about football in the South. Even for five year olds!

Here he is practicing his “mean” football face. I think he looks more irritated than mean. This photo totally cracks me up. It will definitely end up in my scrapbook.

_MG_1217

In other news, the girls were REALLY happy about going back to school last week. Can you tell? I took these photos on the first day of school while we waited for the bus. They get to ride the same bus this year and they are happy about that at least.

_MG_1235

Jordan did not want to go to school at all. She was very down and depressed. She told the bus driver, “I’m going into third grade and my Mommy says it’s gonna be alright.” I kept trying to cheer her up so I could get her to smile for a photo. In the end, I had to settle for this photo where she wouldn’t even look at me. My poor baby!

_MG_1243

Alexis really wanted Jordan to smile too. She reached over and made her smile. I was laughing so hard, I almost couldn’t take the photo. My girls are so silly!

_MG_1254

I got a few photos of Alexis by herself when Jordan still refused to cooperate. She loves to pose and be a diva with all of her modeling moves. I bet you can tell that her favorite color is purple. Purple backpack, headband, glasses, and shoes!

_MG_1258

In this photo, I asked her how she thought school would go this year. You can see the wheels turning. I’m hoping that this year will be much better than last year. She did end up passing the LEAP test and she moved to 5th grade. Her new teacher seems very organized and really interested in teaching. Here’s hoping it’ll be a lot easier for Alexis this year!

_MG_1264

This past weekend, my Mom came up for a visit. She rented a hotel room at a hotel with a indoor pool specifically so the kids could swim. We spent several hours swimming after Brandon’s football evaluations. They even had a hot tub and Jordan really enjoyed it because her muscles are always so tight.

We went out for dinner after swimming because we were all starving. Mom helped Brandon do his word search in the kiddie menu. After we finished, we headed home to get ready for church Saturday night.

We were all so exhausted on Sunday that I didn’t even attempt to clean the house. I took a well deserved break, but I’m paying for it this week as the house is a mess! Speaking of that, I should go fold clothes. Ugh.

Thank You copy

10 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Poor Jordan! So sad to see her that way, since she's so positive. I hope school goes better for both Jordan and Alexis this year.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love all the new photos. poor J.....she doesn't like school anymore after all the drama. love B in his uniform.

A said...

Wow, football is expensive! Brandon has such a presence wearing all that gear though!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Ahhhhhhh Heather. I hope that school went ok for Jordan and Alexis. Brandon looks adorable getting ready to play football. And I love all of the stuff about your mom's visit. That is just so nice!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awesome photos of everyone!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the football ones!!!!

HeatherLynn said...

What wonderful pictures and stories! I always enjoy your writing, sharing of photos, layouts, and cards, Heather! :) I am glad to hear your son is enjoying football! I hope they all like their teachers this year! Good luck on the house cleaning! lol

Hugs,
HL

Mitra Pratt said...

Oh my goodness, always like hearing all your exploits! Although I do wish I could take a nap after..I feel tired just reading about them all!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love your photo updates! The football pics are adorable. I feel so bad for Jordan and Alexis not having the awesome school experience that every child deserves. I hope this year turns out to be really positive for both.

Linda Jordan said...

Cute photos!! I hope school goes well for them this year :) The football & cheer sounds like fun!!

Linda

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fun photos! We start back in a week. The trials and tribulations of another year. Hope all goes well.:)