Monday, August 6, 2012

Look At This Photograph

I realized that it’s been a while since I’ve posted a photo update so here I am! Big Bertha and I have continued our process of getting to know one another. I’ve learned how to use the self timer, and I’ve even purchased a remote so I can actually be IN a few photos. I experimented with the remote last week, and I ended up with this photo. I even liked the photo enough to make it my profile photo on many of the sites I frequent. (Ignore the wrinkles. I’m calling them smile lines. So there!)

SmilingBlack&White

Ronnie requested this photo. He spends a lot of time washing and babying his truck. He asked me to take a photo of it while it was all pretty and shiny. I learned that it’s really hard to take a proper photo of super shiny metal surfaces. I don’t think I did too badly.

IMG_1062

Miss Jordan got her new set of leg braces last week. We did the traditional photo session with them. She picked yellow straps, purple padding, and dinosaur strap embellishments. I think they turned out really cute. These are hinged, and that means that she has a lot more freedom of movement. You would think she would like them better than the last set. Right?

IMG_1116

She had an absolute fit the first time we put them on. I had to bribe her with change. She loves feeding her piggy bank, so the bribe totally worked. After a few hours, she was a little more cheerful. Maybe she was counting her bribe money in her head? Ha!

IMG_1111

We had visitors last Saturday. Ronnie’s parents, sister, and brother in law came over to our house after we went out to lunch at Cracker Barrel. The boys gravitated to the electronics and they didn’t say anything to anyone the whole time. Boys! (They did stop playing long enough to give me the evil eye after I took this photo.)

Gamers5x7

Later that afternoon, I took the heathens out to ride their bikes before it started to rain. The kids get really tired of being cooped up in the house all day when it storms. I’m a mean Momma, and I won’t let them go out if it’s thundering/lightning.

IMG_1036

That’s all for today, but stick around because I’ve been working on a new SVG file and digital freebie. It’ll go up soon!

Thank You copy

2 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love what you're doing with Big Bertha. I get that evil eye from my husband too. He HATES pictures.

Cindy deRosier said...

Love the pics, especially the self-portrait! You look fabulous! You're imagining the wrinkles, by the way.

How long does Jordan use each set of braces? I love that she gets to pick the colors and designs. Is there a huge variety to choose from?